Thanksgiving Guest Post: Primal Cauliflower Casserole (not strict paleo)
The holidays are coming up, fast and furious, but without all the angry drivers. It’s true. They don’t come out until after Thanksgiving. So to start some of the Thanksgiving Recipes off, I thought I’d start with a guest post from Bravo For Paleo. This cute little college ballet blonde is knocking em’ out of the park with amazing recipes and a extremely positive attitude to go along with it. And nice hair. Who doesn’t love nice hair?? What I do want to warn you about is she does use some heavy cream and some cheese in this recipe. It’s the holidays, people. So do not complain in the comments that this isn’t strict paleo. Monica and I are fully aware of that. Now go on with planning your holiday recipes. Many more to come!
Happy Holidays, PaleOMG readers! I’m Monica from Bravo For Paleo, and I am so grateful to be sharing a Thanksgiving recipe with you today.
We all know what goes along with holidays… Food! Lots and lots of it. But there’s no reason you need to pause your grain free life in order to enjoy some comfort food. My Primal Cauliflower Casserole tastes just like the comfort dishes my grandmother and mother have made for years. This casserole will make your whole house smell like the holidays; it truly is Thanksgiving in a dish.
I have been eating real food for two years, and I know how the holidays go. You have to have a game plan! There’s almost always ham or turkey and tons of vegetables. Bring your own dish, like this casserole, and you’ll be set. Trust me on this one, cheating on the holidays is just not worth it!
For those who don’t know me, I’m a 19 year old studying Biochemistry at LSU Honors College. I joined the blogging community after realizing there was a need for someone in my age group to answer the simple question, “How should we eat, and how can we do it in college?”
Since I’m usually very busy, I try as best as I can to make my dishes simple. I’m no chef yet, but I know what tastes good and what’s easy! Over at my site, Bravo For Paleo, I am trying to help students join the real food movement. In January, I’m starting a 30-day Primal Challenge for Students. If you sign up for my email list, I’ll keep you updated on it!
Check out Monica on:
Primal Cauliflower Casserole (not strict paleo)
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 4–5 pieces of bacon
- 6 green onions
- 1– 1 1/2 sticks of pastured butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz of chèvre (goat cheese)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut up cauliflower. Put in large stock pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil on high heat. Continue boiling until cauliflower is very soft when stuck with a fork. Drain in colander.
- While cauliflower is cooking, bake bacon in oven on 400 for 15 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel and then crumble.
- Chop up green onions. Melt butter in stock pot on low heat. Add green onions and sauté until soft. Turn off heat.
- Return cauliflower to the pot and add heavy cream. Mash with a potato masher.
- Add chèvre, crumbled bacon, sea salt and pepper to taste. Blend well.
- Put in baking dish prepared with coconut oil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!