Posted by https://paleomg.com/thanksgiving-morning-apple-fritters/
© 2012 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Thanksgiving Morning: Apple Fritters
For the donut
- 1 cup cashew, roasted and unsalted
- 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 4 dried medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the topping
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Let's get your toppings started early. Place a tablespoon or so of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add your diced apples to the pan, mix around, then cover to help soften your apples.
- While your apples are cooking, make your donuts. Add your cashews to yourfood processor and puree.
- When your cashews become more like a flour, add your dates, honey, applesauce and coconut oil and puree.
- Then add your eggs and vanilla extract, and puree.
- Lastly add your coconut flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon, and salt and puree until all incorporated.
- Grease your donut pan and pour in your donut mixture half way up (to keep room for your topping on top).
- Now finish off your toppings. To your apples that have been sauteeing up, add your coconut milk, almond butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a bit of salt. Mix well.
- When your toppings are well combined, pour 1-2 tablespoons of your mixture onto each donuts, sprinkling each donut with a bit of coconut sugar.
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Let cool before pulling the donuts from their little home, you don't want them falling apart, do ya?
- This made 8 donuts for me.
For nut free: use ⅔ cup sunbutter for the donuts and 3 tablespoons sunbutter for the topping!