Posted by https://paleomg.com/the-paleo-kitchen-sneak-peek-sweet-plantain-guacamole/
© 2014 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
The Paleo Kitchen Sneak Peek - Sweet Plantain Guacamole
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large brown plantain, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 large avocados, cut in half, pits removed
- 1/4 medium white onion, finely chopped (30 grams)
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a small skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil.
- Once the coconut oil is hot, add half of the garlic to the pan along with diced plantain.
- When the plantain dice begin to brown, salt them, and then flip to brown on other side.
- Add the water to the pan and cover to steam the plantain. Once the plantain dice are soft, remove from the heat and let cool.
- While the plantain finishes cooking, scoop out the insides of the pitted avocados and add to a large bowl to mash. Mash up the avocado with a fork. Add the onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper. Mix well, then fold in the plantains. Chill in the refrigerator before serving.