Posted by https://paleomg.com/triple-berry-kale-salad/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
For the candied walnuts
For the orange dressing
For the salad
- 1 head of kale, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Place a medium pan over medium heat. Add walnuts to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until they begin to become golden and fragrant. Then add sugar, maple syrup and salt. Use a spatula to toss the nuts in the sugar mixture until the sugar melts and coats the nuts. Remove from heat once melted, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place all ingredients for the orange dressing in a jar, seal, shake well to combined then place in the fridge.
- Remove kale leaves from the stem. Roughly chop kale then place into a large serving bowl. Use your hands to massage the kale for 1-2 minutes. This will soften the kale and make it more enjoyable to eat! Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the salad bowl along with the candied walnuts. Once ready to serve, add desired amount of orange dressing, toss then serve immediately.