Paleo Chai Spiced Fruit Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried figs, chopped
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled (obv)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 chai tea bags
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
First let’s get your chai fruit compote ready:
- In a small saucepan, add your water, 1 chai tea bag (spices still in bag), and honey under medium heat. Let that start to caramelize.
- Once the mixture is beginning to thicken just a bit, add your dried fruit.
- When the mixture has thickened, add 1/2 chai tea bag (the spices from the bag) to the fruit compote as well as the pistachios. Mix well, remove from heat.
Now make those pork chops:
- Season pork chops with salt, cinnamon, garlic powder, and the leftover 1/2 chai tea bag spices on both sides of the chops.
- Add a bit of fat (bacon, coconut oil, olive oil) to a large skill over medium-high heat. Cook pork chops (time will range depending on thickness) on both side for about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Top cooked pork chops with chai fruit compote. It should still be warm. I don’t know if you know this, but sugar gets REALLY hot. My mouth is just now healing.