Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Sugar Coated Donuts
For the donuts
- 1 banana
- 8 dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup sunbutter (or nut butter)
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 heaping tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil (mine was not melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the toppings
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your donut pan.
- Place your banana, dates, sunbutter, and honey in the food processor or blender and puree down until soupy.
- Then add your eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract and puree down even more, scraping the sides of the food processor/blender as needed.
- Place your coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and mix together.
- Pour your food processor/blender mixture into your dry mixture and mix together until it’s completely combined.
- Pour in your donut pan. My mixture made 6 donuts exactly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the little guys push back when you poke them.
- Let cool.
- Mix together your honey and coconut oil in one bowl (place in microwave to melt if needed), and your date sugar and coconut sugar in another bowl.
- Once donuts have cooled, use a basting brush (or whatever you like to call yours) to spread on a thing layer of your coconut oil and honey, then cover your donuts with the sugar. I placed my donuts into the sugar, then flipped it over and sprinkled it on all sides.
- Eat em up!! Holy moly, that’s food beauty right there.