Coconut Coffee Cake
For the topping
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients: almond meal, coconut flour, shredded coconut, baking soda and baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Then add your wet remaining ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix together.
- Grease an 8×8 or 9×9 glass baking dish and pour into the dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are browned and middle is completely cooked through.
- While your cake is cooking, pull out a large skillet and place over medium heat.
- Add your coconut oil then almonds. Mix to coat almonds.
- When the almonds begin to toast and have a bit of browning to them (be careful because they burn easily) add your honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Cook for a couple minutes longer being sure not to burn the almonds, but remove from heat.
- Once cake is done cooking, top with almonds and slightly press down to help stick to the cake. Let cool then serve with some delicious Chameleon Cold Brew Coffee!