Grain & Winter Veggie Steak Bowls
- Author: juli
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium delicata squash, cut lengthwise, seeds removed, sliced
- 16oz brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut lengthwise, sliced
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2–1 teaspoon salt
- 1 batch instant pot rice
- 4 ribeye steaks
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2–3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice all veggies to a similar size and place on baking sheet. Pour olive oil on top along with Italian seasonings and salt. Toss to combined. Place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, until veggies begin to brown and soften.
- As the veggies begin to cook, make the instant pot rice.
- And once the instant pot rice begins to cook, season steak. Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add a bit of fat, such as olive oil or ghee, and once pan is hot, add ribeye steaks. Let the ribeyes cook for 6-8 minutes then flip and cook for another 5 minutes for medium rare (this temp will range depending on the thickness of the steaks and how you like your meat cooked!). Let meat rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Lastly, mix together cashew butter and water in a small bowl. Start with 1-2 tablespoons of water then add more, if needed. The more water, the more runny the sauce will be. Once to desired consistency, add maple syrup and mix once more.
- Build your bowls – add a heaping scoop of rice, layer on all the roasted veggies, add the steak, then drizzle the maple cashew dressing on top. Enjoy, my love, enjoy.