Grilled Figs with Coconut Whipped Cream & Apple Cider Caramel
For the apple cider caramel
For the grilled figs
- coconut whipped cream
- 1–2 tablespoons melted ghee
- 8–10 figs, halved
- 1 teaspoon maple sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- mint leaves, for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients for apple cider caramel. Stir until completely combined.
- Bring to a boil, then set a timer for 12 minutes, being sure not to let the mixture boil over. After 12 minutes, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 more minutes or until the caramel coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat then let cool for 5 minutes then remove cinnamon stick before serving.
- Make coconut whipped cream and set in the fridge to keep cool
- Lastly, heat grill to a medium-high heat. Brush the inside of each fig half with melted ghee, sprinkle with a pinch of maple sugar and cinnamon on top, then place ghee side down on the hot grill. Grill for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until grill marks appear.
- Top each fig half 1 teaspoon of caramel, 1 teaspoon of whipped cream and a mint leaf to make it all cute and stuff.