Guest Post: Shredded Beef Ragu
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 16 oz. baby bella mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 Tbsp thyme
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- Chop onion and carrots.
- Cut any fat from roast.
- Place onion, carrots, garlic, mushrooms broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme, and roast in slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-5. Shred beef and mix within the sauce.
- Prepare sweet potato gnocchi.
- Pan-fry gnocchi in olive oil until golden and crunchy. Add beef ragu and grated sheep’s cheese (optional).