Pumpkin Pie Bars
For the crust
For the filling
For the toppings
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First we will make the crust. Add your dates and almond butter to a food processor and pulse until it breaks down together.
- Then add your 2 eggs, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt and puree until smooth.
- Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with some coconut oil and pour in your crush. Use a spoon to smooth off the surface and level out all over.
- Place in oven to bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is firm and cooked through when you poke it with a toothpick. Then let cool.
- While your crust is baking, make your filling ingredients.
- Add your pumpkin puree along with all other ingredients and puree until completely smooth. Coconut butter should be incorporated in, not chunky.
- When your crust is cool, top it off with your pumpkin puree filling and smooth evenly through.
- Last but not least, make your topping.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a small skillet to heat under medium heat. Then add your chopped pecans.
- These will burn easily so be careful.
- While constantly mixing the pecasn, add your maple syrup, cinnamon, and a bit of salt and continue to stir until pecans have roasted a bit. About 3-4 minutes.
- Pour pecans on top of pumpkin puree filling.
- Set in freezer to cool for 20+ minutes.
- Cut and serve. Keep in fridge or freezer to keep intact and from melting.