Raw Vegan Caramel Cookie Bars
- Author: juli
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 bars 1x
For the crust
For the caramel
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 5.4oz can of coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the chocolate layer
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and spray the edges with some coconut oil spray.
- Place medjool dates in a bowl and fill with water. Let soak for about 5 minutes before draining.
- While the dates soak, add all ingredients for the crust into a food processor and pulse until completely combined. The dough should mix into a slight ball once combined. Put dough in the bread pan and use your fingers to press dough around evenly throughout the pan.
- Add the soaked dates to a food processor and pulse to break down. Add the coconut cream, vanilla extract, and salt, then turn the food processor on, scraping down the sides as needed. You’ll need to blend the date mixture for about 2 minutes, until completely smooth.
- Pour the date mixture on top of the crust, smooth throughout, then place in the freezer to freeze for 3 or more hours.
- Pull the pan out of the freezer and pull the edges of the parchment paper to lift the caramel bars out of the pan. Use a sharp knife to cut it into 8-10 bars then place on a cooling rack with parchment paper underneath. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave or double boiler. Use a spoon to pour the chocolate on top of the caramel, waving the spoon back and forth. Then all you gotta do is serve! These bars are a little messy if you try to eat them with your hands, so I recommend a spoon. But you do you, baby boo. Store in fridge!