- Make caramel sauce. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place shredded coconut on a baking sheet then bake for 5-8 minutes, until browned.
- Place coconut (leaving behind about 1 tablespoon for garnishing) in a bowl and pour caramel sauce into bowl, leaving behind 2-3 tablespoons (for garnishing). Mix together coconut and caramel until completely combine. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Line a cooled baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave or double boiler. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out about 1-2 tablespoons of the coconut caramel mixture and shape into a ball in your hands. Place the ball into the melted chocolate and roll around until covered then use a fork to pull the truffle from the chocolate and tap off the excess chocolate. Slide the truffle onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt before the chocolate hardens. Repeat with the rest of the mixture, it should make 10-12 truffles.
- When all the truffle have been formed, scoop the extra caramel sauce into a spoon and drizzle a little caramel over each truffle and sprinkle with a little extra toasted coconut.
- Place back in the freezer for 10 minutes before serving. Store in freezer and thaw only for a minute or two before eating!