Sausage Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 1/2 pound ground hot italian sausage
- 20 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 pound bacon
- hot sauce, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Brown italian sausage in a pan, break into pieces and cook until no pink remains. Let cool slightly.
- Cut the side open of each date, remove pit and stuff with sausage. Wrap with half a piece of bacon, tucking the ends underneath to help keep it secure when cooking. Place on baking sheet and repeat with all dates.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bacon is crispy (the time will range depending on the thickness of the bacon).
- Pour just a little bit of hot sauce on top of each date and serve with a toothipick dead in the center!