Smoky Bacon Chili
- 2–3 sweet potatoes (optional)
- 6 slices of bacon, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14) ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (8) ounce can of tomato sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
This really ain’t that hard people. Check this out. I served my chili over sweet potatoes because I think I’m cool like that. So do it.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Poke holes in your sweet potatoes with a fork. Place on rack in oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until potato is soft and cooked through.
- Now pull out a large pot, add the cubed bacon and let cook down.
- While the bacon is cooking, chop all the veggies.
- When the bacon has browned and is a bit crisp, add garlic clove and veggies.
- Let cook for about 6 or so minutes, then add your ground beef and all the spices.
- Once the beef is browned, add your tomato sauce and fire roasted tomatoes.
- Mix well and let all the flavors meld together while cooking on low for the next 8 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Then split open your sweet potato, pour your chili over it, and eat. Delicious