Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minutes
For the shrimp:
- 20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- coconut oil spray
For the sriracha dipping sauce:
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayo
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- coarse salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Pat shrimp dry. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. And in another shallow bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut, salt and garlic powder.
- Using one hand, coat each shrimp in the egg then place the shrimp in the coconut mixture and toss to coat with the other hand (this will keep your fingers from getting too goopy with ingredients). Repeat until all shrimp are coated. Spray the tops of the coconut shrimp with coconut oil spray.
- Pull out air fryer (I have the 6qt size) with wire basket inside. Place the spray side of the shrimp down onto the wire basket, making sure to not overcrowd the basket (i was able to do one batch, but you may need to work in batches if you have a smaller air fryer). Spray the other side with coconut oil spray until coated.
- Close air fryer then turn temperature on air fryer up to 400 degrees and time up to 8 minutes. At 4 minutes, press pause then flip shrimp over and cook for another 4 minutes.
- While the finish cooking, mix together mayo and sriracha.
- Top shrimp with coarse salt and black pepper then dip away!