Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with Sriracha Dipping Sauce
YAYYYYY!! I finally made an air fryer recipe for the blog! I got an air fryer about a month ago and had a total failure the first time I tried it out. But I stuck with it and I have come to LOVE it with all my heart. I use it almost every single day. So here are some deets about an air fryer –
- Do you absolutely need one? Not really. You can fry or bake things instead.
- Do they take up a lot of room? Hell yes they do. I have the 6qt size and it’s massive.
- Do you need less fat when it comes to cooking with the air fryer? Yes, a bit less. But I’ve also only fried one thing in my life so I’m probably not the best person to ask. I wasn’t born in a place that thinks deep frying is a way of life. Nor do I love fried food much.
But here’s the reason I love my air fryer –
- I don’t have to heat up the house with the oven in the summer time.
- I don’t have to wait for the oven to pre-heat.
- I don’t have to dirty my oven when cooking chicken wings.
- My house doesn’t smoke up like it does with the oven sometimes (because the chicken wings made it so damn dirty).
- I can cook meat and veggies faster than in the oven.
- I can get brussels sprouts crispier than the oven.
So far in my air fryer, I’ve made crispy potatoes, brussels sprouts, carrots, steak, chicken, salmon and now shrimp! And everything comes out perfect! I made truly the juiciest and most delicious rotisserie chicken in the air fryer and couldn’t believe how easy it was. So if you’re wondering if you should get yourself one, well I would recommend it. I definitely love mine. Just make sure you have extra room for another appliance. If not, you can always just fry or bake food. It’s really not that big of a deal! I still don’t think items come out like they would from a fryer, but I don’t mind that at all. It’s like a convection oven without making the house a million degrees. Which I love.
Now wait, before I let you go, I have some super exciting details to share with you! If you’ve been listening to my podcast, you’ve already heard the news. And I love you for listening to me ramble on about nothing most weeks. Anywho, I’m hosting a trip to France in May! I hosted a trip a couple years ago in Costa Rica and finally signed on to host another!! So here are just a few details –
- The trip will be May 12-17 to Burgundy, France.
- There are 15 spots available for the trip
- The trip will cost $2395 + airfare and that price will include breakfast and dinner every day, transportation and accommodations, and any of the events and excursions we have planned.
- What is planned – Exploring Paris, wine tastings, bike tour, river cruise, meals by a French chef, workouts with me and whatever else we get into!
- And you can reserve your spot next week on August 30th!
I’ll be sharing ALL the details of the trip next week on the blog where you can sign up and reserve your spot. I’m so pumped for this trip because I’ve never been to Europe! And now I get to experience it all with some of you guys! Can’t wait to share all the details next week!
Until then, I’m pulling my air fryer back out today to cook up some plantains! Wish me luck!
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minutes
For the shrimp:
- 20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- coconut oil spray
For the sriracha dipping sauce:
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayo
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- coarse salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Pat shrimp dry. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. And in another shallow bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut, salt and garlic powder.
- Using one hand, coat each shrimp in the egg then place the shrimp in the coconut mixture and toss to coat with the other hand (this will keep your fingers from getting too goopy with ingredients). Repeat until all shrimp are coated. Spray the tops of the coconut shrimp with coconut oil spray.
- Pull out air fryer (I have the 6qt size) with wire basket inside. Place the spray side of the shrimp down onto the wire basket, making sure to not overcrowd the basket (i was able to do one batch, but you may need to work in batches if you have a smaller air fryer). Spray the other side with coconut oil spray until coated.
- Close air fryer then turn temperature on air fryer up to 400 degrees and time up to 8 minutes. At 4 minutes, press pause then flip shrimp over and cook for another 4 minutes.
- While the finish cooking, mix together mayo and sriracha.
- Top shrimp with coarse salt and black pepper then dip away!
More Easy Shrimp Recipes!
15 Minute Honey Sriracha Shrimp Rice Bowls
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!
36 thoughts on “Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with Sriracha Dipping Sauce”
I love my air fryer for toasting nuts without burning them and cooking bacon without messing up my kitchen. I just got a small one, because I thought I didn’t need another appliance, but I wish I had bought the bigger one.
that’s such a good idea! i didn’t even think about toasting nuts, i’ll have to try that!
Yaaaaasssss!! I love my air fryer as well for all of the same reasons as you. Thank you for coming up with this delicious looking recipe, that I’ll be trying. For those of you interested in going on the trip to France, I would say it is totally worth it! I participated the Costa Rica trip Juli hosted and it was blast.
awwww thanks for the love alisha!! costa rica was so much fun!
Coconut shrimp?! Did we just become best friends? Sorry, lame Step Brothers reference. Will you be sharing how you cook your brussel sprouts too? I have some in the fridge and I desperately want to try them in the air fryer. Thanks!
yes!! it’s on my list of upcoming recipes!
Will you also share a steak recipe?? that sounds amazing too!
yes!! just need to perfect it first!
Love it!! Please do more Air Fryer recipes. I would love to know how you cook your veggies in the air fryer. I just got mine and am totally clueless on what I am doing with it.
planning on it!!
How about an Air Fryer Cookbook?? Awesome recipe for shrimp and anxious for the others, We are on our 3rd Air Fryer which just arrived today. Started out with a small 3 qt which we learned on and used all the time and moved up to a 5,8 qt and today got out 8.5 qt with so many additions and so much added room and depth plus it is square but only about an inch larger so no extra counter space. My sister wants to try one so am giving her the first one as still works great. So much healthier!! Just ordered all 3 of your cookbooks and am anxious to get them. Thanks
haha no plans on writing any more cookbooks at this point, but you can definitely find air fryer recipes here instead!
Is the shrimp raw or pre cooked? Thanks!
Tails on or off while cooking? Does peeled mean tails off, too? Looks amazing.
that’s up to you. i keep tails on just for looks in photos but tails off makes it easier to eat
And, what size shrimp? Thanks!
large to jumbo will work
What do you usually eat with this? As a side dish? Looks great! We are going to try this next week
that just depends what you like! salad, roasted veggies, slaw. it’s up to you!
What brand is your air fryer? Those shrimp may have just pushed me over the edge on my decision to buy one.
i link the exact air fryer throughout this post!
it can be frozen, just defrost first
For the sauce you have 1/3 mayo. Is that 1/3 cup?
1/3 cup. thanks for pointing that out, i updated the recipe!
I just tried this recipe and it was a total fail, I’m so sad!! 🙁 I followed the recipe and instructions exactly, and used large shrimp. They were completely obliterated at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, yet the batter was mushy and falling off. No clue what went wrong, but yikes!
oh no, i’m so sorry!! what type of air fryer are you using?
So mine too… this is the second time I’ve tried something breaded. Any tips out there how to keep breading on??
Any sub for Almond Flour? Allergic to almonds. : (
you could use a different nut flour!
I can’t wait to try this. It looks like you’ve used a bunch of air fryers. Which one do you own and use the most? I’m trying to research which one to buy.
i have the philips XL air fryer!
This was my first time making “adult” food in the air fryer lol. Turned out perfect. I made the shrimp in 2 batches and the second batch was a bit crispier, which I liked. Guessing the air fryer was just warmed up a bit. I served with cilantro lime basmati and a salad.
I ate this just now, and it was great. Would love to know how any calories I ate. How can I figure that out? Thanks!
you can plug the recipe into a nutritional calculator. myfitnesspal has one to help you find out that info!!