Banana Bread French Toast
For the bread
- 3 medium bananas (you want them brown and spotty)
- 1.5 cups roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the french toast
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pull out your handy dandy food processor. It will make life soooo much easier. Add your cashews to the food processor to grind down.
- Once your get a fine cashew meal, add your walnut oil while your food processor is still on until you get a cashew butter.
- Then peel your bananas, roughly break them up, and add to your food processor with your cashews. Turn your food processor on and let combine for a minute or so until you have a soupy paste.
- Now in a large bowl, whisk your eggs, then add your cashew/banana mixture along with almond meal/flour, baking soda and powder, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Mix to combine until you get a batter.
- Grease a loaf pan with some coconut oil. I used a loaf pan that was 9.3×5.2 inches (weird numbers) and it worked well. You could use smaller for taller loaf of bread, just may cook differently.
- Pour batter into your greased loaf pan. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until bread is cooked through and the top of your loaf has a bit of a “crisp” to it.
- Let bread cool for about 10 minutes.
- When banana bread is cooled, whisk together your french toast ingredients (minus the coconut oil) in a shallow bowl.
- Heat up a skillet or griddle and add your coconut oil to it.
- Cut your bread into 1/2-1 inch slices, dip them in your egg mixture on both sides, then place on griddle to cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Top french toast off with slice bananas, maple syrup or honey, and a touch of cinnamon.
- Pure brilliance. Consume. Try to go slow. It is epic.