Black Bean Brownies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc.)
- 1/2 cup oil (grapeseed oil, avocado oil, melted ghee, coconut oil, etc.)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons black cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Place all ingredients for the brownies in a high speed blender or food processor, and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour batter into the baking dish and smooth evenly throughout. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the brownies.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into 16 brownies! Brownies can be served by themselves or you can top them off with ice cream, melted chocolate, and/or mini chocolate chips!