Black Bean Brownies
Yes, yes, yes – I know beans aren’t paleo. And I’ll probably have to start every single bean recipe post off like this. But I’ve been following the bean protocol for almost 4 months now and I’ve never felt better. And that means I’m playing around with bean recipes way more now. So you’ll see them here from time to time. If you’re strict paleo, no need to make them. If you’re upset you can’t have these black bean brownies, I welcome you to try my many, many, many other brownie recipes on here. I’ve been sharing recipes on here for almost 10 years, there is no shortage of paleo recipes to choose from! But if you’re open to different types of recipes, get ready for good ass time!
I know I sound a bit hostile in my intro, but that’s because I’ve had it up to HERE with the negative Nancy’s of the world. I know many people would call them Karen’s, but I’ve met a handful of great Karen’s on instagram so I don’t want to throw them under the bus. Nancy just rhymes. I know a great Nancy…only one though. You know what would be a good name to use? Carol. That’s my mom’s name so it makes it more hilarious and close to home. Since she’s family, I can say it. Carol’s definitely ask for the manager or don’t look a server in the eye. I love my mother, she’s a great person, but her name must replace Karen. Sorry, mom, Karen’s need a break. The Carol’s of the world have just been hounding me lately and I’m hella exhausted. But luckily middle school and high school trained me to take on the Carol’s of the world so I could continue on with my days with my head held high.
But honestly, my head is exhausted. You can only keep your head held high for so long before your neck starts to ache. So you know what I’m going to do? I’m checking myself into a hotel tonight. I have a massage booked, I’m ordering ALL the room service, bringing some Tylenol PM, and I’m leaving my phone and computer behind. Just me, myself, and I are going to be in that hotel room…in silence. I’m going to finish a book I’ve been trying to get through for months now, I’m going to pull the black out curtains, and I’m going to try to sleep in past 7am. No one can call me, message me, text me, email me, yell at me, or tell me I’m going to hell because I say the word fuck. It’s going to be the best 20 hours of my life. I might even eat the snacks they put in your room and charge 8x the price. Fuck it! My husband likes to do things for himself like golf or go on a camping trip with friends, but that doesn’t interest me in the least. I fill my cup up by being alone and these next 20 hours are going to be pure joy. Speaking of that, time to pack!
Black Bean Brownies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc.)
- 1/2 cup oil (grapeseed oil, avocado oil, melted ghee, coconut oil, etc.)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons black cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Place all ingredients for the brownies in a high speed blender or food processor, and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour batter into the baking dish and smooth evenly throughout. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the brownies.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into 16 brownies! Brownies can be served by themselves or you can top them off with ice cream, melted chocolate, and/or mini chocolate chips!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!