No-Bake Protein Brownies
If you’re reading this right now, you may be quarantined at home. The corona virus has begun to spread and the world has begun taking all precautions to keep people safe and to stop the spread as much as possible. It’s a weird, crazy, strange time. And because of this strange time, many of you are stuck at home, caring for your children since they are not able to go to school at the moment. And even though I know nothing about children or caring for them, I know that they need food. And sneaking protein into any treat is always a good thing. I also wanted to create a recipe with ingredients you may already have in your pantry since most grocery stores are pretty bare at this point. Since you’re probably entertaining your children 24 hours a day right now, hopefully making this recipe together takes the stress off of you for a few minutes and creates a fun and delicious project you can make together!
I don’t know how you’re feeling about it, but I HATE 2020 SO DAMN MUCH!! What is going on right now? First Jackson had to go into emergency surgery, then he had complications and almost died, then we had to move him to a new vet hospital, then my friend was hit by a car while I was walking next to her, and so on, and so on. 2020 is not our year, people. So how do we turn this around? I’m trying to make people’s lives a little easier with the free workouts I’m sharing on my instagram and blog, then I’ll also be picking up food from my favorite small local restaurants to help them stay afloat during this sh*tstorm. Then what else? How else can we bring joy to people and make the mother nature happy again?
As we think up some ideas together, let’s talk about what you have planned during your quarantine? I’m planning to work out daily, work as usual, create new recipes for my ebook that will launch in January, then I plan to watch A LOT of tv. Because I love a good show. Obviously I’ll be binge watching The Office while I cook because that’s the best, most comforting background noise in the world. Then we just started watching Hunters on Amazon Prime and I’m all about it. It’s pretty damn violent, but it’s about killing Nazis, so I’m down with it. Funny how this post about feeding your children just turned upside down. And I’ll probably binge watch Love Island because it’s the trashiest of trash and I’m HERE FOR IT. I want to try out Fleabag because I’ve heard amazing things. Oooo and Big Mouth is always hilarious. Now what else should I watch??
No-Bake Protein Brownies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 12-16 bars 1x
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup collagen peptides
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon black cocoa powder*
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1–2 tablespoons organic rainbow sprinkles
- Line a 9×5 bread pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place pitted dates in a food processor and pulse to break the dates into small pieces. Then add the cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Blend once more until well combined. Then add the collagen peptides and cocoa powder, and blend until mixture combines and becomes a crumbly texture.
- Add brownie mixture to a bowl then add the chocolate chips and sprinkles, and fold to combined.
- Press the mixture into the lined bread pan, using the bottom of a glass to press the top of the mixture into a flat surface. Place in the fridge to set for an hour before cutting the brownies into 12-16 bars before serving!
*Black cocoa powder is not a must, it just gives the brownies that rich, dark color. If you do not have black cocoa powder, you can simply add 3 tablespoons of normal unsweetened cocoa powder instead of 2
Treats With Added Protein:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!