Cookie Dough Collagen Bars
If I could eat cookie dough every day, I would. OH WAIT, I’m adult, I can!! Being an adult is the best. So if I can find a way to add a little extra nutrients in my daily cookie dough lifestyle, I’m here for it. These cookie dough bars are not only packed with protein, but the collagen adds in extra benefits like support for your nails, hair, and even gut! That totally makes these healthy, right? Ehhhhhh. Sugar is sugar, boo boo. Eat accordingly.
As you read this, my words may begin to make less and less sense. I know I just had to read that sentence about 4 times to even process it. I slept about 4 hours last night after spending 6 hours at the emergency vet. After dinner last night, he started screaming in pain and we didn’t know what is was from. He had ear infections so we thought they had just gotten worse. Sadly that wasn’t the case. After 4 hours we finally saw a vet (there were much, much worse animals that came in right after him) and the vet guessed he had either slipped a disc or tweaked a muscle in his neck. And since Frenchies are known for spine issues, it could have easily happened from jumping off the couch or coming down the stairs. So now he’s hopped up on medication to ease his pain and muscle spasms and then he has an MRI on Wednesday next week. And now I need to find a ramp for him to use to get on the couch. That will be a learning curve for all parties involved.
So instead of heading out to work at a coffee shop today, I think I’m going to stay in and just pet my pup. And eat these bars. And watch Love is Blind on Netflix. Ya know, really engage my brain. Someone on instagram wrote me yesterday and said that if I love The Bachelor, then I’ll be addicted to Love is Blind. And they were right! I didn’t watch the last few seasons of The Bachelor and this season, along with Love is Blind, has quickly reminded me that trash TV really helps me thrive sometimes. Some people like to watch the debates for their own personal trash TV, I much prefer fake versions of love. That’s way more fun. Now excuse me, it’s time for collagen cookie dough breakfast.
Cookie Dough Collagen Bars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 bars 1x
- 1/2 cup softened coconut oil or ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
For the chocolate layer
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- coarse salt
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream together softened coconut oil (ghee or butter), sugar and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly add the collagen peptides, then cassava flour while the mixer is running until all of the flour is combined. Then fold in salt and chocolate chips. Place the cookie dough in the loaf pan, spread throughout, then press down evenly throughout. Place in the fridge to set.
- Melt together chocolate chips and cashew butter in double boiler or in the microwave until softened and smooth. Pour chocolate on top of the cookie dough layer, spread evenly throughout, then sprinkle with coarse salt on top. Place in the fridge to set for 1 hour or longer.
- Before serving, set the loaf pan on the countertop for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan. Then run a sharp knife under hot water, dry knife, then slice into 8-10 squares. Now all you have to do is eat up! Store in the fridge.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!