Peanut Butter & Jelly Cheesecake Bars
Before you get mad and yell ‘PEANUTS AREN’T PALEO’ – calm yourself, take a deep breath, and understand that I used sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter. But peanut butter has a better ring to it. It also tastes better that way. I would know…I eat peanut butter regularly. GASP. I stopped eating peanut butter for years and years, gave myself a nut intolerance from eating so much almond butter, then snacked on sunflower seed butter for a while. But one day I said f*ck it and ate the organic peanut butter. You know what happened? Nothing. I felt great. I tolerate organic peanuts just fine so it is now my butter of choice. So I’m letting you decide what kind of nut or seed butter you want to use here. It’s all up to you! Because you’re an adult and I trust your nut decision. I personally choose peaNUT because it takes me back to my childhood days when my mom use to make my PB&J sandwiches. Or she would make my PB& chocolate chip sandwiches. It’s always a shock to me that I don’t have Type 2 diabetes when I look back at everything I ate as a kid. It’s absurd.
Sorry if I’m coming off suuuuuupes b*tchy right now. Sleep is hard to come by these days after getting back from France. I don’t know if it’s jetlag or if it’s due to the fact that our bathroom is taking much longer than planned and the anxiety of it all is getting to me. Either way, I’m waking up at 4am every morning and half the time it calls for a slow, sleepy day. Yesterday I was bubbly and had all kinds of energy. Today…I want to punch it in the face. That’s right, I want to punch the day in the face. But I’m also saying that before I’ve had my coffee. I’m sorry but nespresso makes life 1000% better. Excuse me while I fill my cup.
Ok, that’s much better. I’m showered, I’m coffee’d up, and I’m currently in the passenger seat of my husbands car, on the way to the airport. We decided last minute to make our way to Key West for Memorial Day to visit friends we’ve wanted to see for a while now. And since my husband is still living his best unemployed life, we are loading up on as many trips as possible this summer before he’s back to the ole grind. I’m secretly hoping he never goes back to work because I’ve LOVED having him around. He’s happy, he’s helpful and he’s so fun to be around. Which means this vacation is going to be our best vacation yet! I plan to drink about 4,000 cuban coffees, eat as much seafood as possible, and then hope that sun can actually make it through my fake tanner to give me a real glow. Big hopes and dreams over here.
Now before I let you know, I gotta tell you about a couple events coming up in June! If you are in Colorado and want to come hang out with me, chat beauty and food, and get some free goodies, I’m hosting two events with Natural Grocers on June 15th! And both are FREE!! Here are the details:
- Event 1: How to create a beauty routine for glowing skin
- Saturday June 15th from 10:00-11:30am at Natural Grocers on Tennyson
- Includes session, goodie bags, Q&A and a delicious coffee bar with Vital Proteins Collagen
- Event 2: How to make paleo easy & work for you
- Saturday June 15th from 2:00-3:30pm at Natural Grocers on Tennyson
- Includes session, goodie bags, Q&A and a smoothie bowl bar with Natural Grocers brand products
Even though both events are free, we still need you to sign up so we know how many goodie bags to create! The bags will includes some great beauty, food, and other products along with a ton of coupons! Can’t wait to meet some of you guys out there and chat beauty and food!! Hope you can make it!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cheesecake Bars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Total Time: 10 hours
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
For the crust
- 1 package of Simple Mills Crunchy Cinnamon Cookies
- 3 tablespoons ghee
For the cheesecake
- 16 ounces almond milk cream cheese*, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 13 ounces raspberry jam
- 8 ounces fresh raspberries
- fresh mint, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil spray.
- Add cookies to a food processor and pulse to break down. Then add ghee and pulse to combined until a crumbly mixture is created. Place crumbled mixture in the baking dish and press down until evenly throughout the entire dish.
- Add softened cream cheese to a food processor and pulse the cream cheese until smooth. Then add sugar, sunflower seed butter, vanilla extract, and pulse to combined for 1 minute. Lastly, add eggs and blend, scraping down the sides until completely smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over crust and smooth throughout. Place in oven to bake for 45 minutes until the edges have slightly browned and middle of cheesecake is only slightly jiggly. Then turn off the oven, crack the oven door open, and let the cheesecake rest for 1 hour in the oven. After an hour, remove cheesecake from oven.
- Once you pull the cheesecake out of the oven, add raspberry jam to a small saucepan and heat through for about 10 minutes, until slightly bubbly. Pour jam through a wire mesh strainer into a bowl, removing the seeds.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of the strained raspberry jam to the top of the cheesecake, smoothing throughout in one layer. Then top with raspberries throughout the cheesecake and pour the remaining warm seedless raspberry jam on top of the raspberries.
- Place in the fridge overnight then cut into 16 squares and garnish with a little fresh mint to make it look extra cute!
More Dairy-Free Cheesecake Recipes You Might Like:
Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!
10 thoughts on “Peanut Butter & Jelly Cheesecake Bars”
Those look yummy! I’ve been Paleo for almost 3 years. Recently I started craving peanut butter and said *#ck it — if my body is craving it, then I must need it. And like you, NOTHING happened when I ate it. As a matter of fact, I just finished a peanut butter and chocolate RX bar and it was awesome.
Enjoy your trip to Key West. It’s on my list of places to visit, so I can’t wait for a recap.
These look like heaven and I can’t wait to try the recipe for Memorial holiday…thanks.
Ummmmm, why are you & these cheesecake bars so friggin perfect and gorgeous?! In love with these & everything you do! ??❤️
Key West is awesome. You’ll love it! Make sure to catch a sunset! Also, I loved what you said in your podcast a few weeks ago about falling in love with your husband all over again. My husband I moved 8 months ago from our hometown to a place where we didn’t know anyone. Being away from drama and everything that was there, I have fallen in love with him all over again too. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary and the past 6-8 months have truly been the best. Hope you are enjoying this time!
Just wondering, are you dairy intolerant? Is that the reason for the almond cream cheese? (Which by itself is very tasty)
i am not dairy intolerant, but since i make paleo recipes here on the blog, i stick with dairy-free cheese
Hi, I love your website. I find it motivational and your recipes never disappoint. I just wanted to recommend the Trader Joe’s unsweetened sunflower seed butter. It sunflower seeds and salt. The one you use has a lot of “stuff” in it.
sweet i’ll check it out!
Can you substitute the maple sugar for maple syrup?
it should still work, but i can’t say for sure since i haven’t tried it that way