Welcome to my favorite muffin recipe of all time! I’ve made Double Chocolate Greek Yogurt Muffins, Greek Yogurt Collagen Chocolate Chip Muffins, Super Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Walnut Muffins, and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, and all 4 of those recipes were some of my favorite muffin recipes. But they have to step aside now because THIS RECIPE reigns supreme. It’s fantastic. The muffins are moist (stop being grossed out, it’s the best word for the job), fluffy, and they are amazing for leftovers. Sometimes paleo baked goods can get a little weird after a few days, but not these. When I first made these, I loved them so much that I packed the leftovers with me on one of my recent trips. And they still held up even when they weren’t in the fridge. Sketchy? Maybe. But no food poisoning for me!
I know it’s annoying to be that pumpkin spice basic b*tch, but I really do adore pumpkin everything. I think it’s the cinnamon in the spice mix. I just simply adore cinnamon. It makes any comforting dish even more comforting. I just recently started adding cinnamon to my coffee and it’s life changing. And yes, I know I’m behind the times, but I’m glad I finally figured life out. Because now I add cinnamon to my coffee every morning and I wake up excited for the day. I’ve always been an annoyingly happy person in the mornings, but now it’s even worse.
Speaking of loving pumpkin, I’m loving a lot of things right now. Here are some of the things I’m loving the most –
- My Nespresso Vertuo. Every morning I wake up excited to be alive because I know I’ll have the best cup of coffee in about 3 minutes. I make mine with heavy cream, collagen, cinnamon and stevia and it’s truly the best thing ever.
- A restaurant near me called Olive & Finch. Because I recently started eating their salmon plate that comes with a red curry sauce and I get sautéed kale instead of farro. It’s my new favorite thing that is giving me life around lunch time.
- My instant pot. Because now that it’s dropped down below 50 degrees, I’m constantly cold and in need of soup. And my instant pot makes soup dreams come true. Like with my Instant Pot Creamy Gnocchi Soup and my Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Pesto Soup.
- My groceries being delivered. It’s the new highlight of my week at the moment as I mentioned on Tuesday. I started using Amazon Prime Now just this week and it’s life changing. I say life changing a lot, don’t I? Either way, it is. I have so much extra time in my week now that I’m not hitting up the grocery store almost every day. I love it so much!
- The fact that I leave for New Zealand is THREE FREAKING WEEKS!!! AHHHHHHH!
Ok wait, with the good comes the bad. And I’m really good at disliking things. Here are the things I’m not digging lately –
- My rental car that smells like smoke. Who smokes cigarettes these days? Who smokes in rental cars? Who thinks smoking is cool? Have they never seen the TRUTH commercials?! COME ON!
- The current bloat I have from drinking over the weekend. Drinking is so damn bad for you. And sure, it’s fun and I enjoy a few spicy cocktails, but getting back to normal is a pain. I hate looking puffy and feeling like I look tired. And I honestly didn’t drink crazy amounts over the weekend, just a handful. And I still look fluffy AF. I’ve decided to not drink again until I’m in New Zealand on vacation. Every time I drink, it’s always so eye opening how bad alcohol really is for you. Isn’t it crazy it’s legal?!
- My anxiety level about leaving in 3 weeks. I’m trying to get all my work done ahead of time so I don’t have to work much while I’m in NZ, but getting that much work done is tough. There are not enough hours in the day!
Luckily my likes outweigh my dislikes. But anywho, if you want to see a quick video on how to whip these up, I’m going to make them on my IG stories today. But act quick because IG stories die after 24 hours. Along with my soul. I’m kind of hating instagram at the moment. It’s giving me absolutely no joy when I open up the app. So I’m spending less and less time on there. Which totally blows because I use to love instagram. Oh how social media dies so quickly. But I am trying to share as many cooking videos as possible to make sure you guys have as much food content as possible. People asked for more recipes on my IG stories so I’m trying to give as much of that as possible. Which hating every moment on there. It’s a tough balance. I guess instagram should go on my not digging list, after all. Ok I have a dog to walk! Byeeeeeeee!
For the pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup maple or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
For the cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin time with parchment paper liners and spray with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut flour, tapioca flour, maple sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and powder, and salt.
- Then add eggs, pumpkin puree, almond milk, and vanilla extract and use a spatula to mix until everything is completely combined and smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, add all ingredients for the cheesecake (except for the chocolate chips) and beat together for 1-2 minutes until combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the pumpkin batter into 12 muffin cups. This should fill each cup up about 1/3-1/2 full.
- Then use the cookie scoop to scoop the cheesecake layer on top of the pumpkin layer in each muffin cup.
- Using a knife, toothpick or anything else, swirl the two batters together to combined.
- Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Store in closed container in fridge.
*I used Kite Hill brand
More Pumpkin Love!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Breakfast / Treats