Good morning from Charleston, SC!! Mornings are much more challenging coming from Denver where it’s two hours earlier. It’s 8am here which means, if your brain is working and you can do math (unlike me), it’s 6am in Denver. I’m suppose to workout soon before our day gets started, but I’d rather sit here and let my coffee set in. There’s some hard proof that I’m old. When I use to wake up at 6am, I felt like I was ready to conquer the world. Now I wake up and look like I’ve aged 8 years and my face is screaming for an eye mask. Aging is so fun.
Speaking of aging and trying to do it gracefully, I’m getting another profractional done on Thursday. Which means I won’t be able to leave my house until Sunday since my face will be a 1970’s horror film. How fun. When your parents and everyone in your entire life tells you not to pick at your face when you’re younger, YOU NEED TO LISTEN, YOU F*CKING IDIOT. Because it will come back to haunt you at some point and you’ll have to go to drastic measures to turn back time while having no friends because no one can stand to look at your bloody face.
How much does this conversation make you want to eat tomato soup?
This trip to Charleston to visit my girlfriends was much needed. I don’t get to see them very often since we are all over the country. But now that it’s such a short trip, I feel like we aren’t seeing much of Charleston…we’re just eating it. So much eating. Whenever I travel with my husband, we always do things because he can’t sit still. But when I’m with my girlfriends, we pretty much only think about food and working on our computers. I know that sounds suuuuupes lame, because it is, but it’s so fun to hang out with other women who have a similar job to me. I usually just spend most of my time sitting solo in my home with my bloody sketch face. But when I’m with these ladies, we get to brainstorm ideas and encourage each other to keep moving, even through self doubt. Women empowering women are pretty much the best.
But anywho, I need to get back to hanging out with them because I already head home tomorrow. And have to spend a few hours in Baltimore. What’s Baltimore like? More so, what’s the Baltimore airport like? Anything good? Is it sketch? Can I be fed and entertained for a few hours while I’m stuck there? Give me the deets because all I know about Baltimore is that it’s where the crime from season 1 of Serial in the Adnan Syed case occurred. That’s literally all I know about Baltimore. Yes, I know, I suck.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans of whole, peeled San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag of frozen cauliflower
- 1 (32 ounce) container of chicken bone broth
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto (I used this dairy-free brand, but you can also make your own) plus extra for garnish
- 1-2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- basil leaves, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in an instant pot, secure the lid, close off the pressure valve and press the Soup button and press down to 15 minutes.
- Once it is done cooking, release the pressure valve with a natural release or a quick release. Once you remove the lid, use an immersion blender to blend the soup until completely smooth. Taste to see if the soup needs any extra salt or pepper.
- Garnish the soup with extra basil extra and basil leaves!
More Soup for You!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!