SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Game Day Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup (+Cooking Video!)
New Cooking Video!
So get this. When I made this soup, both my sister-in-law and my husband said this was the best soup they had ever eaten. And believe me…they aren’t ones to toss around compliments, especially when it comes to food. These two could care less about food. Sometimes my sister-in-law will tell me that she forgot to eat until 4pm. What.The.F*ck. When she says some bullsh*t like that, I’m disappointed in being related to her. But I like to think that maybe I came into her life to help open her eyes to the love of food. And I succeeded for once with this soup! And guess what? It’s totes perfect for the Super Bowl this weekend!
Speaking of the Super Bowl, I’ve been trying to decide how I want to celebrate the end of football season on Sunday. I’m thinking about getting some work done in the AM, getting some photos of a recipe done, then going to grab a gluten free donut and maybe skip through the park while I chow down. Doesn’t that sound wonderful? Answer: yes.
Soooooo I don’t know if I’m just way behind or if I’m ahead of the curve but I have found my new favorite show on Netflix and already binged watched all the seasons. Have you watched Wentworth yet?! It’s like an Australian version of Orange is the New Black but 100% better. We got bored after the first season of OISNB and stopped watching it. But Wentworth is addictive. It’s sooooooo good. Please go watch it so we can talk incessantly about it! GO! (it’s soooooo much better than just watching football)
OMG, you guys. Ever since I’ve been back in Denver, I’ve been grumpy. Probably because social media has been exhausting and people keep biting my head off any chance they can get. But also the cold weather after being in Arizona for a few days is just dragging me down! BUT just the other day, a friend texted me a photo of an absolutely adorable english bulldog that was for sale because the family of 6 just couldn’t take care of her anymore. We’ve been thinking about getting Jackson a brother or sister for a while, but we decided to just let it happen and if something comes up, we will look into it. Well, this adorable little girl came onto our radar and my husband said we should sleep on it before contacting the owner. The next day he told me to text the owner and guess what? Someone already picked her up. I got myself all excited about Jackson having a new friend and now I’m totally bummed. Poop.
I think the Sunday gluten free donut will make everything better.
Game Day Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (I used a frozen bag of cauliflower that was defrosted – it cooks quicker and a little better)
- 32 ounces chicken bone broth
- 2/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (less if you don’t like it as spicy)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 rotisserie chicken, pulled and shredded
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Ranch, for garnish
- Place ghee in the basin of the instant pot then press the sauté button. Once the ghee begins to melt, add the carrots, celery, onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, until onion becomes translucent.
- Press the keep warm/cancel button, add the cauliflower, chicken broth, hot sauce and a hefty pinch of both salt and pepper, then secure the lid, close off the pressure valve and press the Soup button. This will cook for 30 minutes once it comes up to pressure. Once the soup is done cooking, you can let it naturally release or do a quick release. Once you remove the lid, use an immersion blender to blend the soup until completely smooth. Taste to see if the soup needs any extra salt or pepper.
- Turn the soup back onto the Saute function and add the rotisserie chicken and let cook down for 8-10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes to keep from sticking. Press the keep warm/cancel button before serving.
- Garnish soup with a swirl of ranch, hot sauce, green onions and cilantro.
More Game Day Eats:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!