So last week, while I was on book tour, a lovely and beautiful young woman asked when I was going to do a podcast. The thought has popped into my mind once or twice, but I’ve just never followed through with it. I’ve never felt passionate enough about one topic to put it into a podcast, since I leave ALL my thoughts here. But it got me thinking, maybe I should try it! I’m testing out some video and trying to teach myself some new things, so why not!
Yesterday I recorded my first podcast. Well, I recorded my first voice memo which I’m hoping to turn into a podcast. But I’m kind of stuck…because I don’t know what the F I’m doing! I’ll figure it out soon…fingers crossed. I’m thinking I may just record some random thoughts while I’m driving, maybe call it ‘On the Road with Juli’ so whenever I drive to the gym and have some sh*t I need to get off my chest, I’ll talk about it there. Yesterday’s voice memo recording was all about alcohol. I get comments and questions about alcohol on a regular basis and someone told me I seem hungover ALL THE TIME, so I just spilled my opinions in an 11 minute rant.
Is there any topics you’d really like to hear about in podcast? Or any tutorials you’d like to see on video? I’m filming a hair tutorial tomorrow so fingers crossed I can figure it out and get it up by next week! Now that I’m beginning to create my own office/studio space, I’m getting really excited to try new things that are difficult to me and learn new skills. Ready to expand out!
Speaking of expanding out, next week I’m heading to San Fransisco to this event that includes 12 other bloggers and myself. I’m not really sure how much I’m suppose to talk about, but I’ll definitely be sharing a blog post about it soon and explaining all the details! The gist of it is that I get to meet up with all these other bloggers, chat food, chat fashion, and hopefully get even more inspired by other women who are working their tail feathers off!! It’s going to be so fun to see what other women are up to when it comes to blogging and creating their own business!
Now wait, we must talk about this chili before I go. Because I ABSOLUTELYLOVEITSOMUCHOMG!! It’s so delicious, so easy, a one pot meal, and there really is no prepping other than just cutting up veggies. It’s that easy. And it’s SO tasty. I really recommend using Frank’s Red Hot Sauce because if you try using a cup of something like Cholula or Tabasco, you’re going to hate your life. Unless you love burning your insides. That decision is up to you.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 white sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (canned, not drained)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot Sauce)
- 1/2 cup broth (I used Epic's Beef Jalapeño Bone Broth)
- Tessemae's Creamy Ranch Dressing
- sliced fresno peppers
- sliced green onions
- fresh lime wedges (optional)
- This may get confusing, so good luck.
- Place all ingredients in a crockpot (except for the garnishes) and mix together until combine. (no, you do not need to brown the meat beforehand, no need to ask)
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low. Once cooked through, mix once more to combine everything.
- Garnish with Tessemae's Creamy Ranch Dressing, fresno peppers and green onions. A squeeze of fresh lime juice makes it even more fresh tasting!
- You did it. You got through the lengthy, super hard process. And you crushed it! HIGH FIVE!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Chicken / Crockpot / Party