Honey Lime Chicken Wings with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dip + 54 Football Friendly Recipes
I’m sore everywhere. Pretty much every inch of my body is uncomfortable this week. It’s amazing that even after 6 years of doing CrossFit, I still get sore like I just started. How is that possible? I’ve trained every movement but my body still always has room to get better and improve. Hence why I’m always sore. It’s so awesome and this is exactly why I adore CrossFit so damn much.
Yesterday on IG, I mentioned about finding a workout you love and doing it regularly. Then some woman started putting down CrossFit. You know what pisses me off more than anything? When people put other people down for their style of workout. You see it with CrossFit all the time. CrossFitters putting people down for running marathons or working out on the elliptical. Who puts another person down for furthering their health in a better direction? It makes absolutely no sense. I think those people should be reprimanded. Maybe beaten with sticks or stoned. Seems fair. You want to make fun of someone trying to better their health? Well we will worsen yours.
I know, a little harsh, Juli. It’s just been a weird week, a sad week, and I’m over the little cyber bullying that happens daily. Whether it’s on my blog or someone else’s. Why are people so angry? Probably because they haven’t found the workout they love yet.
So let’s just talk about these wings that are absolutely freaking delicious. They are so freaking easy, so flavorful and the dip almost has a sour cream cooling feel to it. And if you’re anything like me, you could eat a boat full of sour cream dip. Don’t act like you find that gross. That would be my heaven. Swimming in a boat full of chips and dip then sleeping in a tub full of cake. Ok, the more I say dumb things, the grosser it all seems. I’m just going to stop. But if chicken wings aren’t your thannnnng, scroll down below the recipe because there are over 54 of my favorite paleo football friendly recipes to knock any of your guests socks off!
Now go celebrate football season almost being over!
Honey Lime Chicken Wings with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dip
- Yield: 4-6 1x
For the wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoon honey
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- pinch of salt
For the dip
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- lime zest
- lime wedges
- green onions, sliced
- Place an oven rack in the top position and preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Grease wire rack. Place the chicken wings on the wire rack and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Bake for 50 minutes or until crispy.
- While wings cook, place all ingredients for the dip in the food processor and blend until smooth. Place in the fridge to chill.
- When wings have 10 minutes left to cook, place the lime juice, honey, lime zest, coconut aminos and a little bit of salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low boil, about 8-10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Place wings in a bowl and pour over honey lime mixture and toss to coat. Place on serving tray and garnish with lime zest, extra lime wedges and green onion then serve with chilled dip on the side.
More Paleo Superbowl Finger Food!
Want even more Super Bowl friendly paleo food? Find more recipes in my third cookbook, Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook along with tons of other food inspiration! Some of the football friendly recipes include:
Bacon Buffalo Deviled Eggs on page 206
Sweet & Spicy Sesame Almonds on page 208
Delicious Meal Ideas:
Sesame Teriyaki Chicken Wings on page 82
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili on page 100
Street Tacos on page 148
Truffle Mushroom Burgers on page 112
Pizza on page 136
Pomegranate Moscow Mules on page 266
Bloody Mary’s on page 264
Basil, Mint & Cucumber Gin & Tonic on page 267
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!