What a stupid name.
These bite size morsels of happiness are divine. And a perfect party platter appetizer. I ate them as a meal because I don’t like social situations. But if you like parties, and people, you should totally make these.
My allergies have become a sh*tshow. Even more of a sh*tshow than I was on Saturday at the bar. You see, I babysat a dog part of Saturday and for some reason, she has become the reason I can’t even think. I’m in a haze. She was in my car that day so every time I get in my car now, I can’t stop sneezing. I can’t breathe either. Am I dying? No. I just now know I cannot ever own a golden retriever. Ever. I would be in constant stuffy nose pain. Too bad. She was probably the sweetest dog I’ve ever met.
Thank god I lost my sense of smell though. I cleaned out about 10 pieces of tupperware from our fridge yesterday. 3 girls + 1 household = grosseness. I saw black mold. I saw green mold. I saw fuzzy mold. I saw creamy mold. Yeah, I just said creamy. Cantaloupe molding = creamy mold. I saw it with my own eyes. When sh*t gets that nasty in tupperware, I usually just throw it out. But tupperware is expensive. And I’m poor.
Guess what I’m doing?! Ok so since I’ve cut out nuts for a couple weeks now, I’ve decided to try the 21 day sugar detox by Balanced Bites. Why not? I love her and her site, so might as well trust her right!? Well, that’s not really why I’m doing it. It’s more to see if I can cut the sugar cravings. I craved nuts like crazy (go on and giggle, you’re hilarious) when I ate them a bunch, but now I don’t even think about them. Same thing with the sweets. I crave them because I have them too much. So I’m cutting out all sugars, including fruit for the next 21 days. I’ve gotten through one day so far and I haven’t fallen off the wagon! NBD. I am honestly doing this to just be healthier. I don’t expect or really want to lose weight, I just want to feel in control and not really crave sweets. What I do expect though, is to be taller, prettier, and extremely hilarious when I’m done with these 21 days. If that doesn’t happen, I’ll be eating a bag of chocolate chips every night for 21 days to make up for the bullsh*t that I pushed upon myself and the 21 days of happiness I missed out on. Nuts AND fruit?! What the hell am I going to cook this weekend when I’m not out at the bars?! Blasphemy.
I miss bananas.
- 12 button mushrooms, wiped of any dirt and stems removed
- 1/2lb italian sausage
- 1 egg white
- 1/4-1/2 cup pizza sauce or no sugar added marinara sauce
- Turn on your grill so it's hot. Make sense.
- Wipe down your mushrooms and remove stems. Then place them stem side up on a plate.
- Throw your italian sausage in a bowl along with your egg white. Use your hands to combine it all together.
- Then make tablespoon size balls of the meat mixture and plop them into the cap of the mushrooms.
- Place on top rack of grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Top each mushroom and sausage cap with either hot or cold pizza/marinara sauce!
- Stick a toothpick in it and EAT IT. Careful, these b*tches get wicked hot.
21DSD Entrees / Party / Pork / Veggies