Crispy Chicken Dippers
The other day, meaning yesterday, I was craving chicken strips. So that’s what I made. And dipped them in Maple Mustard Sauce. It was wonderful. Since two days ago, I’ve been craving chinese food. So I’ll probably be heading to one of my favorite cookbooks, Gather, for some chinese food tonight.
Speaking of cookbooks, a random winner was picked from my cookbook giveaway. I contacted her and she emailed back right away. So if you didn’t get my email, it wasn’t you. I’m sorry little love bug. But in about a month, I’ll be doing an even more exciting giveaway. So stay tuned!
I totally want to see the movie Labor Day…but I think it may be a tear jerker. I have a love-hate relationship with tear jerkers. I also want to see the movie Lone Survivor. That also looks like I’ll probably cry through the whole movie.
What’s up with people being rude on instagram? I’ll post a picture of something and they will say ‘omg, that looks disgusting’ (ps I’m saying that in a super annoying voice as I type it). I understand you have a right to an opinion and freedom of speech, but when you’re typing on your little smart phone, behind your little screen with no one to actually confront, that does not make you brave and bold and opinionated. That makes you a p*ssy. Straight up. It’s so easy to be rude over the internet and over our phones nowadays. So easy to bash other’s for their work. But then we don’t have to take any responsibility for our actions. So, Facebook/instagram/twitter angry person, your opinion doesn’t make you cool, it makes you a mean person. Even behind that little avatar of yours. And mean avatars totally don’t get delicious paleo treats made for them. Just a fact.
Moving on from mean people. This week is almost over!! Yayyyy!! I have so many plans for the weekend. Like seeing movies. And going to a showing of a home. They want a renter to move in Feb. 1st, which isn’t something I can’t do, so I’m hoping they just fall in love with me and let me move in later. Which is something that won’t happen. I’m guessing they have at least 20 renters who can move in earlier than I can. But a girl can dream, right? Keep your fingers crossed for me. Pretty please.Print
Crispy Chicken Dippers
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg. In another shallow bowl, mix together coconut, almond flour and salt.
- Dredge chicken strips in the whisked egg, then straight to the coconut mixture. Coat on all sides then place on a plate. Repeat with all chicken strips.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon or two to the pan. Once the pan is super hot, add the strips to the pan without crowding it. Cook for about 1 minute on both sides. You may need to do this in 2-3 batches depending how big the strips are.
- Place the strips on a cooling rack that has been placed on top of a baking sheet. This will help the chicken strips cook on both sides without getting soggy. If you don’t have a cooling sheet, you will just have to flip them half way through the baking.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes or until no pink remains inside the chicken.
- Let cool on baking sheet before serving. Dip them into maple mustard sauce!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!