Super Bowl Snacks: Cookie Pie Ice Cream Bites
I don’t know about you, but I’m in love. With cookie bites. Deep inside, I think people love the Super Bowl more for the mini snacks than for the actual game. I’m sure I’ll get hell for saying that, but I don’t care. COME AT ME, BRO! But for real, snacks are flowing everywhere. And they’re all bite size. If I showed up to a party that had cookie pie ice cream bites, I’d for sure be down to watch football. It’s all about the reward when doing things you don’t want to do.
I’m real in love with Anna Kendrick. I’m not one for girl crushes, mostly because I like boys better, but she’s my new girl crush. I started following her on instagram AND twitter. And I don’t even really look at twitter. I comment back to 3% of tweets and then move on with my day. I never actually look at what other people write. But I have that much of a crush on her that I’m not a follower. I also started following Jesse Tyler on instagram. He’s the red head gay dad on Modern Family. He’s effing hilarious. Sometimes, when I’m in a bad mood, I just go to his instagram and watch all the videos. Him and Anna Kendrick should be best buds. Just my personal input into their personal lives.
Speaking of bad mood, I’m a little stress pot right now. Really no huge reason to be, I just seem to like to stress out sometimes. I mean, I cook and eat for a living, so I don’t have a ton to be stressed about. Other than eating too many cookie bites. But I’m finishing up my second cookbook that I’m co-authoring with George and it’s a stressful step. Writing can be stressful. On here, I totally don’t care what I say. You don’t have to read it, my website is free, and I mostly just write down things so I don’t have to go see a shrink. It’s a genius idea, really. But writing in a cookbook, you have to be more professional and explain every little detail about every little thing. I’m not really complaining, more so just getting aggravated by the wrinkles I get between my eyes while constantly thinking and staring at a computer screen. And you know how I feel about wrinkles. Answer: not good.
Omg. I move soon. I know I’ve been saying this for the past…month. But now it’s serious go time. Like all my stuff is congregating in boxes kind of go time. I’m buying things on Amazon like nobody’s business. I had to get a Prime membership just because I was buying so much stuff on there. I even had knives show up on my doorstep yesterday! Don’t worry, I ordered them. Thankfully, I’m moving about 3 miles away from where I currently live, so the move will be easy peasy. I know you were worried and all. And soon I will be able to share photos and my place morphing together into a little home. Step by step. I’m sure that’s what you were looking for on a food website. Home decor. Yaysoexciting!Print
Super Bowl Snacks: Cookie Pie Ice Cream Bites
- Yield: 10-12 1x
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- coconut milk ice cream of choice – I used Coconut Bliss or you could make your own (the ice cream is totally optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place coconut butter in a large bowl along with coconut sugar and mix together until well combined.
- Then add maple syrup, vanilla extract and eggs and mix until combined.
- Lastly, add almond flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Fold everything together.
- Pour batter into baking dish and spread out evenly throughout the dish.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. The middle should be slightly firm but not hard. Do not over bake because it will harden while cooling.
- Remove from oven, let pan cool, then place in the freezer. Freeze for an hour or longer. Once the cookie pie has hardened, remove from freezer, remove the parchment paper from the dish then use a large knife to cut the cookie into 1 inch cubes. This will create 20-30 cookie squares depending how big you make them.
- Use a tablespoon or small cookie scoop to scoop out a small amount of ice cream and place on top of each cookie square. Then place a toothpick in the middle of each square for easy serving!
More Bite Sized Treats:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!