Mini Layered Ice Cream Pops
So let’s talk about these little guys. Because they were quite popular when I posted them on instagram yesterday. No, but seriously. They received the most likes and comments that I’ve ever had on any picture I posted. Other places must be just as hot as Colorado, so they look more appetizing than usual. That’s the only thing I can think of. Well, they deserved the love. They are quite delicious. And refreshing when it’s 95 degrees out. I’ve still been cooking in our house as the weather gets hotter and hotter, but it got to 90 degrees in our house the other day. You know how uncomfortable that is? Real uncomfortable. You see, we don’t have air conditioning. And, well, it blows. Oh well. I’ll just eat these instead or putting in my air conditioning window unit. Makes more sense to me.
Blow drying your hair in 90 degree weather rates up there among the most uncomfortable things of all time. Next to plucking eyebrows for the first time, brazilian waxes, and going to the gynecologist. #factofthedaythursday
I think you may begin to see lots of no bake desserts and lots of grilling items start popping up on the blog. Because I can’t stand to be inside, especially if they oven or stove is on.
There are few things that annoy me more than a person wearing sunglasses inside. There’s a difference between a hungover person on a Sunday morning with a group of friends out to brunch, who refuses to take his sunglasses off based upon the fact the he will frighten the paying customers around him. Including children. That’s totally understandable. But a person who just wears sunglasses every where they go, is weird. Like the guy who sat in front of me on our flight to D.C. He kept his sunglasses on throughout the entire flight, even to watch a movie. But then took them off once we landed. I just didn’t understand this fellow. Mostly because he kept scaring the sh*t out of me when he would burst out in laughter, thundering laughter, at the show he was watching on his ipad. Or start beating his back into his seat, thus almost knocking over my delicious sparkling water, just because his show was so funny. It made me uncomfortable. Also frightened, but mostly uncomfortable. People on planes are always the strangest people. Not really, but sometimes.
I still don’t understand why any airline loads the plane from front to back? CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME SO I STOP HATING THE AIRLINES!?
I’m sad that I’m not really into the Bachelorette like I was with the Bachelor. The Bachelorette kind of bugs the hell out of me.
Do you ever ponder things? Like what happened to Freddy Prince Jr.? Or how he isn’t still famous with a name like that? I ponder things. Mostly things like that.Print
Mini Layered Ice Cream Pops
- Yield: 9 1x
For the ice cream*
- 1 (14 ounce) can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
For the other layers
- First, you’ll need to create the ice cream. Whisk together the ice cream ingredients until completely mixed. Then pour ingredients in an ice cream maker. (If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can mix the ingredients, pour into a bread pan, place in freezer, then scoop out when solid. A little time in the microwave may be needed to help soften it.)
- Once ice cream is solid, it’s time to build the ice cream pops. I used mini cups (you know, the ones you either rinse off your mouth with in the bathroom, or use for jello shots) but you could use larger size cups as well.
- In the bottom, add about a tablespoon of cashews, then a larger tablespoon of ice cream to cover them completely, then the nut buttter, the ice cream, then chocolate chips. Then place a craft stick in the middle of the popsicle, pressing it down to the bottom of the cup.
- Repeat until the ice cream is gone.
- Place in freezing and let freeze for up to 5+ hours to make sure all the ingredients are hard and well combined.
- Eat up. They may need to soften just a little bit so they are not too hard to bite into! So be careful!
*You could use store bought ice cream as well. **If you cannot get Kolat nut butter, mix a bit of cocoa powder and honey in your own almond butter! This made 9 pops
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!