Magic Brownie Bars
No, these are not weed brownies. Freaking Coloradans.
So I remember this one weekend, when I was craving sweets hard core, and came across the amazing blog, Balanced Bites by Diane Sanfilippo and her Grain-Free Magic Cookie Bars. And they were AWESOME. Like way awesome. And the other night, when I wanted to make the glorious cookie bars again, I was saddened when I figured out I didn’t really have all the ingredients on hand. So I made up my own version. But in brownie form. I love brownies. I have many different kinds on my blog. Like sweet potato, or fudgy style, or cherry goodies. Now I’ll have magic ones. I’m so magical.
Remember how I didn’t post on Monday? I don’t know why I keep reminding you, but I felt real bad about it. But it was for good reason. You see, I was teaching some cooking classes at the Air Force Academy for the Fire Department. It was rad. I got to talk a lot, cook, and hang out with firefighters. How could I complain about that? One day I even got to shoot a firehose with a remote control. It was a fire engine that is made to put out airplane fires. It’s awesome. Does anyone else feel like I don’t know what the hell I’m talking about? I’m not good with my firefighting words.
Either way, it was a fun. I cooked them some Caramelized Onion and Sausage Stuffing and fed them Chewy Pecan Pie Brittle. I served the brittle first so they would like me and have a sugar buzz throughout my presentation. Get people high on sweets and they’ll stay interested for at least an hour. Pure facts right there.
I haven’t decided if I’m going to post anything on Thanksgiving. I could. Should I? What would I post about? Something intense. Let’s talk about intense stuff.
What does that even mean? God I’m weird.Print
Magic Brownie Bars
- Yield: 4-6 1x
For the brownie layer
- 15 dried medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the magic layer
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees. I know, weird number, just do it.
- Now add your dates to the food processor and begin to pulse until you get a clumpy paste.
- Then add your coconut oil and cocoa powder to the food processor and puree until well mixed and it has become smoother.
- Then add your eggs, coconut flour, honey, vanilla, baking soda and powder, and salt and puree until smooth.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with some extra coconut oil, then pour in your brownie mix and smooth out throughout the dish.
- Now make the top layer. Add your shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut butter, and honey to a bowl and heat in the microwave. Don’t tell me a microwave isn’t paleo, you’re not creative.
- Mix ingredients together ingredients until smooth then add your whisked egg whites and mix well.
- Pour topping over your brownie batter and smooth out until covering the entire surface of the brownie.
- Add dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool then cut into pieces. I LOVE THESE BROWNIES.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!