I don’t know what to tell you other than I absolutely want to eat these as my last meal. They are sweet, salty, crunchy, chocolatey…and they are everything that is right with this world. These brownies will never let you down, they’ll never disappoint you, they won’t talk back or criticize, they won’t judge. So honestly, you don’t need a significant other if you have these. But if you already have one, then make these for that person and they will marry you. That’s how I tricked my man into booking a trip to Jamaica with me. JOKES ON HIM!
I have a bit of writer’s block going on lately. I honestly think it’s because of this daylight savings time change. I felt like I had a 2 days hangover. It didn’t help that I did have a slight hangover on Sunday from my bachelorette party, but that’s besides the point. My question is, because I know nothing about Daylight Savings, is why do we have to do it? I’m pretty sure 4 states have decided to not do it, so why are we still on that train? I’ve heard because of the earths rotation, I’ve heard we started it because the farmers needed light to work later, and since I’m too lazy to google it myself, I’m stuck wondering why we still do it. Ugh, I’m one of those people I hate. Use google, Juli. Don’t be that guy. That guy is the worst.
How do you feel about this US citizen getting 15 years hard labor for trying to steal a flag in North Korea? How bad does his life suck now? I mean…who tries to steal stuff in the worst place to visit? That seems like a very silly choice.
See how much writer’s block I have? Enough to talk about that. I might run out of things to say so much that I talk about the election. NOOOOOOOOO. Just kidding, in 6 years of writing my blog, I’ve never talked about politics. That’s the perfect way to have no friends.
I want to be this guy’s best friend. Why didn’t I create this off my instagram comments? What an effing genius. I wonder how much time he spends searching for dumb things people have said. What a pioneer. Whatever that means.
Guess what I get to do today? I get to meet with the cutest fashion blogger in Colorado! Alena from Modaprints has pretty much the cutest style I’ve ever seen! And I’m so pumped because the only time I really get to hang out with other people who have the same job as me is when I’m in Austin, TX for PaleoFX. So this will be so fun to get to know someone in Denver! Speaking of PaleoFX, is anyone going? I’ll be going this year, just booked my flight and house the other day! I won’t be speaking or doing anything like that, but I’ll definitely be found in every different restaurant stuffing my face. Who’s joining me?!
- Make brownies. Let brownies cool completely.
- Make caramel then set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spread shredded coconut on a baking sheet then bake for 5-8 minutes, until browned. Remove and let cool. In a large bowl, mix together all of the caramel and coconut until completely combine. Pour mixture on top of brownies and push down with a rubber spatula.
- Melt chocolate then use a spoon to cascade, yes I said cascade, the chocolate across the coconut caramel topping. Any design will do.
- Lastly, sprinkle a couple pinches of flake salt on top of the brownies, as much or as little as you like. But remember that these brownies totally deserve the salt, it brings the flavor to a whole new level!
- Store in fridge or freezer!
If you like this, you’ll definitely like this:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!