I’m still hungover from our gym Christmas party on Saturday. Still. And honestly, I didn’t even drink THAT much. I’ve been a straight up complete mess in past years, taking pulls from the bottle, falling, blacking out. All that jazz. But not this year. This year I made sure to have dinner beforehand and when I was handed a bottle and yelled at by drunk people to take a swig, I poured a shot into a red solo cup to take tiny itty bitty sips of. But those little sips were fireball. Which seems to be consumed every Christmas party. What the hell is that about? That sh*t is what terrible hangovers are made of.
So even though I stayed away from people’s germs, didn’t fall down in my short dress and sky high heels and didn’t black out whatsoever, I still stayed out until almost 2:30am. Just at the gym. Which means I danced from 10pm-2am since we had a DJ. Nonstop dancing. I finally decided I need to go home when I could barely walk, even without the high heels on. So I called an uber, waited, then once I saw him pull up, I started saying goodbye then instantly saw my friend jump in my uber and speed off. B*tch stole my ride. So I called the uber guy to let him know that the human inside his car was not me and to not charge me. He was too dumb to figure out how to solve the situation so I was charged for her ride. WTF bruh. I gave him a drunken 1 star to show my hatred for him.
I woke up the next morning, after only 4 hours of sleep feeling not so hot. So I chugged water, made some breakfast and went back to sleep. When I woke up from my nap to a headache, I decided more napping was in order. Then gluten free pizza. Then Christmas movies, How To Get Away With Murder and more napping. I showered and brushed my teeth by 5pm. I still felt like crap on Monday after mixing vodka, sake and fireball that Saturday night. Will I ever learn?
I honestly wonder if I should just swear off alcohol all together. I mean, I don’t like the taste of it, I don’t really like being drunk and I DEFINITELY don’t like the hangover that gets worse through the years. So why drink it? Because it’s what social people do? Ehhhhhh, I guess I’m just not social. Maybe I’ll just swear off alcohol until our wedding night, when I don’t have to fit into my wedding dress any longer. Four months doesn’t seem that long, right?
- 1 leftover ham bone from [url href=
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups cooked and diced ham
- 64 ounces chicken broth
- couple small pinches of salt (the ham has plenty of salt so it doesn’t need much)
- To garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream or coconut milk (optional)
- black pepper
- Place ham bone in the bottom of a large crockpot. Add all ingredients (except the cream and black pepper) to the pot, cover, then cook for 7-8 hours on low.
- Once done cooking, remove the ham bone, shred any leftover ham into the soup and remove the bay leaves. Add in cream and black pepper, mix to combine and serve up!
*If you don't have a ham bone, you can ask your butcher for beef bones or sometimes find them by the freezer bag full in specialty grocery stores. Also, my ham bone had a lot of ham left on in which I left, then just shredded off the bone once the soup was done cooking. If you aren't using a ham bone, add more ham to your soup than the recipe actually calls for.
Stay Warm & Cozy with More Creamy Soup:
Make & Serve This Dish With:
Pork / Soups / Veggies