OMG I love girls nights. Meaning I love every night. I live with 2 other women, all of us are single, and we spend a good amount of time at home. Especially now that we just got patio furniture. We have this cute little back yard with a grill and now a table for 6. That means 3 more people can hang out with us. I wouldn’t mind if those were really good looking, intelligent, successful men who were passing by our house on the way to the park, just conveniently carrying homemade hamburger patties. Yep, that’s how I visualize my summer playing out.
It won’t happen. Let’s just face the truth right now.
But we will definitely have many girls nights on this patio. Just like the other night. It’s been extremely warm for Colorado in March so we’ve been spending more time outdoors. And invited some girlfriends over to consume copious amounts of food with us! Food loves company.
So Laura made burgers, Sarah brought wine, I made sweet potatoes and dessert, and Kristen and Steph just looked good. And set the table. No wait, Kristen brought pickles. She’s smart. So Laura stuffed some burgers with smoked gouda while I stuffed some sweet potatoes with a basil pesto and bacon. Holy balls they were delicious. I also treated those good lookin ladies to some caramel bars. I thought they were stupid fantastic, but they didn’t share quite as much excitement as I did. Silly women. This probably stems from the fact 3 of the 4 don’t eat paleo. Whatever. These bars tastes like caramel. Ha. Yes, I will post the recipe soon :) gotta keep you wanting more! Look at our spread!
I can’t stop listening to this song or watching the video.
Did you hear I got PaleOMG Men’s Shirts in?! Renegade Fitness not only got me started with my PaleOMG Women’s Tanks and T-Shirts but now have been amazing and helped me create men’s shirts for all the stunning men out there. Check them out! And ‘like’ Renegade Fitness on Facebook! Why wouldn’t you?! We all like things. Like I REALLY LIKE caramel bars. Maybe I’ll have a Facebook page dedicated purely to paleo caramel bars. You would like it wouldn’t you?! Hell yes you would. Now go like Renegade Fitness!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a fork, poke holes everywhere in your sweet potatoes. Place on a baking sheet and cook for around 25-35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft to the touch. (you want them cooked all the way through)
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, throw you diced bacon in a pan over medium heat and let cook through.
- Once the bacon is cooking, add your basil and almonds to a food processor, turn on and slowly add your olive oil. Once combined, add your lemon juice and a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- When your bacon is done cooking, remove from heat but leave in the pan.
- After your sweet potatoes are done cooking, let cool for about 5 minutes then cut in half lengthwise and remove the insides, being sure not to tear away the skin. That could get messy.
- Place the insides in the pan with the bacon then add your basil pesto to the pan with bacon and sweet potatoes.
- Use a fork to mash the sweet potatoes while combining with the pesto and bacon.
- Now scoop sweet potato mixture back into the sweet potato skins and top with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Place back into the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until sweet potatoes have a tiny bit of char to them!
- Consume! Boom!
- Add the insides of the sweet potatoes directly
Pork / Veggies