Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Errrrmerrrrgerrrrrd! I want these pumpkin cheesecake bars in my life at all times. All hours. All minutes. All seconds. I love them so much. And I think my husband loved them even more. He asked me to make more as soon as these were gone. But I held off. The last thing I need in my house is extra cheesecake bars just sitting around while I work from home. It’s a dangerous game. And I lose every time. So the hubs will just have to wait until Thanksgiving to have these again. Just kidding. We’ll be at a wedding on Thanksgiving day. Living our best life in New Zealand.
Did I mention we’re going to New Zealand? Oh. I’ve mentioned it about a million times already? My bad.
Does it feel too early to already be talking about Thanksgiving since Halloween still hasn’t officially hit? Or have you already planned everything you’re going to make for Thanksgiving? I feel like every year I’m thinking about Thanksgiving earlier and earlier since I’m usually cooking everything for the blog pretty early on. I’ve honestly already made some Christmas cookies for the blog and it’s not even November yet. Jeeeeeez.
The holidays are weird this year. We are going to NZ for Thanksgiving, having Christmas here in Colorado and going to Cabo for New Year’s. I’ve always wanted to celebrate holidays while on vacation and I think this is the closest I’ll ever get. My husband is pretty big into holiday traditions so Christmas on the beach in Aruba isn’t appealing to him. It’s his one flaw. Along with not shutting his dresser drawers.
I’m sorry but can we swing back around to New Zealand? Just because yesterday we officially paid to bungy jump while we are there. And every time I think about it, my hands and feet start sweating. I was always an adrenaline junky when I was younger, but the older I get, the less risks I like to take. I don’t even like taking risks when it comes to the stock market. No thank you. This is what I signed up for. I can’t even watch the entire video. I’m not joking, my hands are drenched in sweat. Why do we like the feeling of adrenaline? Not everything is adrenaline filled there luckily. We will also be doing wine tours, golf, flying over milford sound, going to casinos, hot springs, hopping on a jet boat, and eating all the food. We have 10 days there and I honestly wish it was longer. I’ve never heard one bad thing about New Zealand and I feel so lucky to get to go.
Since I’ll be in NZ watching my friends get married on Thanksgiving day, can you make these and have one for me? I’m not sure I can get these through customs.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 9 hours
For the crust:
For the cheesecake:
- 16 ounces almond milk cream cheese*, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- coconut milk whipped cream
- dusting of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil spray.
- Add cookies to a food processor and pulse to break down. Then add ghee and pulse to combined until a crumbly mixture is created. Place crumbled mixture in the baking dish and press down until evenly throughout the entire dish.
- Add softened cream cheese to a bowl and use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Then add sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and beat for 1 minute. Lastly, add each egg one at a time, scraping down the sides and beating for one last minute.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over crust and smooth throughout. Place in oven to bake for 45 minutes until the edges have slightly browned and middle of cheesecake is only slightly jiggly. Then turn off the oven, crack the oven door open, and let the cheesecake rest for 1 hour in the oven. After an hour, remove cheesecake from oven and let cool completely. Then cover and place in the fridge overnight before slicing into 16 bars and topping with coconut whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon before serving!
*I used Kite Hill almond milk cream cheese
I Need More Pumpkin!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!