Cookie Dough Collagen Bars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 bars 1x
For the chocolate layer
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- coarse salt
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream together softened coconut oil (ghee or butter), sugar and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly add the collagen peptides, then cassava flour while the mixer is running until all of the flour is combined. Then fold in salt and chocolate chips. Place the cookie dough in the loaf pan, spread throughout, then press down evenly throughout. Place in the fridge to set.
- Melt together chocolate chips and cashew butter in double boiler or in the microwave until softened and smooth. Pour chocolate on top of the cookie dough layer, spread evenly throughout, then sprinkle with coarse salt on top. Place in the fridge to set for 1 hour or longer.
- Before serving, set the loaf pan on the countertop for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan. Then run a sharp knife under hot water, dry knife, then slice into 8-10 squares. Now all you have to do is eat up! Store in the fridge.