4th of July Brownie Bites
The 4th of July is coming and it’s coming in HOT. Well actually, I don’t think we really have plans for the actual 4th of July, only a BBQ at our friends house on the 3rd. But the rest of the weekend is up in the air, but is kind of nice because my next three weekends afterwards are currently filled!! Travel is my favorite so I have hard time saying no to anything that includes exploring. That means I have Telluride, Austin TX, and Steamboat Springs all coming up. Travel fills my soul and being outside in the summer brings me back to life! Is there anything better than summer? Answer – NO FREAKING WAY. I guess maybe food…ok summer is a close second to food.
And since we are on the topic of food, I think it’s safe to say the 4th of July is all about fingerfood. Foods you can grab while you’re talking to people, foods you can shove in your mouth before you jump into a pool even though you’re not supposed to get in a pool until 30 minutes after eating (remember how kids would always throw up in pools because they didn’t wait long enough…amateurs), food that need minimal utensils because who has time for that in the summer? Fingerfood is the best and fingerfood pairs perfectly with summer. No one wants to make gourmet meals or sit down with real silverware, we just want foods that make us feel like a kid again. And that’s exactly what these brownie bites are. They are kid food. Food that brings you back to the summers at the pool when there was no worry in the world other than when your parents were going to make you go home. The good ole days.
Actually, I much prefer being an adult vs being a kid. My old soul couldn’t wait to be 30 and now I can’t wait to be 50. Aging is rad. But fingerfood is, too.
Speaking of old souls, did you listen to my recent podcast about my Akashic reading? During the reading, she told me I was a very old soul and since I’m so sensitive, I struggled a lot as a kid. She could not have been more right. I never felt like I fit in growing up and always felt like the boring one compared to other people. Even if the reading is total bogus, it all felt really spot on. It was such a cool reading and I want to do about a million more to get to know my soul’s journey even more! This is what is so cool about getting older – you continue to learn more about yourself, get to know yourself, and grow with each passing day. How rad is that? Anywho, I have some brownie bites to eat so I must be going! Enjoy!
4th of July Brownie Bites
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 36 brownie bites 1x
- 1 package Simple Mills Paleo Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or fat of choice)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- olive oil spray (or other fat of choice)
- oat milk whipped cream
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Follow the directions on the Simple Mills Paleo Brownie Mix, mixing together the mix, oil, water, and eggs. Once combined, spray mini muffin tin to grease. Use a cookie scoop to add about a tablespoon of the brownie batter to each muffin tin. Make sure they are not filled to the top because they will puff up as they bake. You’ll have enough batter for two batches. Bake for 10 minutes, let cool for 10 minutes then remove and place on a cooling sheet. Add the remaining batter to the muffin tin, bake for 10 more minutes, cool for 10 minutes, then place on a cooling rack.
- Once brownie bites are completely cool, top with oat milk whipped cream, a strawberry slice, one or two blueberries, and fresh mint. Serve immediately! If you are serving at a later time, top with whipped cream right before serving or it will melt OR become very runny.
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Watermelon Jalapeño Margaritas
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!