Brownie in a Mug
Let’s face it – sometimes the last thing you need around the house is an ENTIRE pan of brownies. And who wants to wait an hour for brownies to bake? Not this bitch. If I want a brownie, I normally want a square of a brownie, I want it NOW, and then I’m done for the night. And that’s where these single serve brownies come in handy! I got the idea recently when I was at Ace Hardware looking for a lightbulb and was standing in line checking out, where they line the walkway with different snacks and even local honey. Ace Hardware is so strange – who doesn’t need a plunger and some local honeycomb? As I stood in the checkout, I noticed a packets for different mug cakes and brownies in a mug, but the ingredients were SHIT, so right then and there I decided to make my own version that didn’t have weird oils, grains, and binders. And I’m glad I did because this single serve brownie is extra fudgy, decadent, and is the perfect amount for a sweet tooth calling!
You know what I’m currently bummed about? That tomorrow is tax day. WHAT A BUMMER. I wish taxes could just be erased through the year of 2020, along with everything else. But alas, it’s still coming and I still must pay. Running your own business is pretty much the tits, until tax day. It makes me miss the times where taxes were already taken out of my paycheck and I didn’t have to think about it. Then I would randomly get money back from the government and think I was a straight baller. Sure, I had to work with other people and wake up at 3:30am everyday, but for one day…I was a baller. Now I must make sure I save everything so I can pay on that pesky day of the year. What a drag. How did we even get here after talking about brownies? What a poor decision on my part.
Instead of taxes, let’s talk about something positive. Like the fact that we are staying in a hotel in the mountains next week! Before covid hit and the world turned upside down, we had a trip to Spain, and we were supposed to leave TODAY. But obviously that got cancelled so we decided to plan a small trip to get away to some fresh air for a bit. Since there isn’t much to do anywhere you go, we just found a hotel we like and plan to sit by the pool, eat food, and take a break from the real world for a bit. Sitting by a pool sounds like the most magical thing right now so I CANNOT WAIT. I miss water. And even though we won’t be on the beaches in Majorca, we will have the smell of chlorine in our hair. Romantic, eh?
Gluten Free Brownie in a Mug
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Total Time: 2 minutes 30 seconds
- Yield: 1 mug brownie 1x
- 3 tablespoons sugar (maple, coconut, organic cane, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons milk (almond, oat, coconut, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon oil (butter, ghee, grapeseed, coconut, etc)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used 1 tbsp cocoa powder + 1 tbsp black cocoa powder)
- pinch of salt
- ice cream, for topping (almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, etc.)
- mini chocolate chips, for topping
- Place sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla extract in a mug and mix to combined.
- Then add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt and mix once more until combined.
- Place in a microwave to cook for 1 minute 30 seconds. Top with a scoop of ice cream and mini chocolate chips!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!