Chimichurri Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 1x
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fully cooked and cooled*, then cubed
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 english cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayo
- cilantro, for garnish
- fresno pepper, sliced, for garnish
For the chimichurri
- 1 packed cup fresh cilantro
- 1 packed cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook chicken, cool is completely, then cube into small pieces.
- Add cooled chicken to a large bowl with the carrots, bell pepper, and cucumber.
- Then for the chimichurri, place all the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until combined and slightly smooth.
- Place the avocado oil mayo in a bowl, then begin to add the chimichurri tablespoon by tablespoon, mixing as you go. I mixed over half the chimichurri in my mayo because I wanted a huge pop of flavor, but this is completely up to you. Taste as you go until you get the right flavor profile to your taste. Then you can use the rest of the chimichurri for topping OR check out the bottom of this blog post for extra recipes to use the chimichurri in!
Add the avocado mayo to the veggie and mix to combined. Taste and top with salt and pepper, if needed. Before serving, top the chicken salad with extra cilantro and some sliced fresno pepper on top! Serve by itself, in a lettuce wrap, or with plantain chips!