SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Chimichurri Chicken Salad
Hi hi hi! If you’re over there doing the Whole30 thing this month, feeling like you don’t really know what to eat for lunch, well I’m here for you! This chicken salad is Whole30, paleo (obv), and it’s packed with so much flavor. I could swim in chimichurri, personally. I want to bathe, wade, and drink it all at the same time. If you’ve never made chimichurri before, get ready for a ride on a flavor rollercoaster. Not really, and I kind of hate myself for saying that, but it is super flavorful. And it’s great for topping on chicken, steak, veggies, and whatever else your heart desires. So I thought it would be great in a chicken salad. And it is! Look at that.
It’s currently 5am over here while I type this. The husband (who said I just need to call him Brian at this point…we’ve been married almost 4 years) came home from Kansas City yesterday after going to the freezing cold Chiefs game and he immediately seemed sick. And since I’m not the caring style wife, I told him I would sleep on the couch and stay far away from him. Sure, we have guest rooms that I could stay in at this point, but I’m honestly happy to sleep on our couch at any chance I get. It’s so comfortable. I’m really hoping he wakes up feeling better because if not, I may have to quarantine him in a guest room. The last thing we need is a virus spreading around this house since there are currently 4 people living in it.
I never thought I would be interested in having roommates again, but my SIL has been living with us since August while her apartment is being built, then my friend Jess has been living with us for the last few weeks while she finds an apartment. Turns out having adult roommates who clean up after themselves then want to watch the Bachelor with you is pretty much the best situation ever. I get to hang out with my husband then best friends all at the same time. Sure, it’s not an idea situation for my husband, but it is for me! That’s what matters, right? Right. Sadly my friend Jess moves out tomorrow which majorly bums me out. She’s a morning person like I am so we sit on the couch every morning together at 5am and work on our computers while we sip our coffee. Morning people are my people. It’s so fun having someone to talk nonstop to without them hating your guts. Brian usually wakes up early, but he doesn’t really want to chat until 10am. That’s still a bit too early to chat. 9pm is, too. So Jess will definitely be missed. Tonight I’m making her a green curry risotto as a farewell meal. And I totally should make dessert, too. Jess not only wakes up early, but she loves dessert. She’s my human.
Chimichurri Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 1x
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fully cooked and cooled*, then cubed
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 english cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayo
- cilantro, for garnish
- fresno pepper, sliced, for garnish
For the chimichurri
- Cook chicken, cool is completely, then cube into small pieces.
- Add cooled chicken to a large bowl with the carrots, bell pepper, and cucumber.
- Then for the chimichurri, place all the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until combined and slightly smooth.
- Place the avocado oil mayo in a bowl, then begin to add the chimichurri tablespoon by tablespoon, mixing as you go. I mixed over half the chimichurri in my mayo because I wanted a huge pop of flavor, but this is completely up to you. Taste as you go until you get the right flavor profile to your taste. Then you can use the rest of the chimichurri for topping OR check out the bottom of this blog post for extra recipes to use the chimichurri in!
Add the avocado mayo to the veggie and mix to combined. Taste and top with salt and pepper, if needed. Before serving, top the chicken salad with extra cilantro and some sliced fresno pepper on top! Serve by itself, in a lettuce wrap, or with plantain chips!
Use Your Leftover Chimichurri For:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!