Well hello there, you beautiful son of a b. I need to apologize for this post going up about 8 or so hours later than it usually does. The blog needed some updating and with updates comes issues. And learning a new skill. Which I suck at. I can work a skillet, but not a skill. You probably won’t even notice this update, but it’s pretty neat. Just trust me, ok!?! This relationship is all about trust. I mean, you are welcoming me into your kitchen, and all.
Sooooo I feel like I enjoyed the long weekend a little TOO much. It was 4 billion degrees out and one day it was incredibly smoky and hazy from the fires in Oregon and California, so going outside just wasn’t happening. So instead, I ate. I got all sorts of candied peanuts while in Boise and I need to get those b*tches out of my house. They are so damn addicting! I can’t stop. My husband even had the genius idea of putting them into our coconut milk ice cream while we watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2. When he said that, I fell in love with him even more. Everyone has a love language and I guess mine is candied peanuts in chocolate caramel coconut milk ice cream language. I should write a new Love Language book and spread my knowledge to the world.
Speaking of Guardians of the Galaxy 2, I’m obsessed. I thought the first movie was the best ever but the second one topped it. Especially since the intro is baby groot dancing. From now on, if I’m ever in a bad mood, I plan to watch that movie to simply giggle over baby groot. I want him as my pet. No, scratch that, I want him as my best friend. He’s such a gem. Whoever thought him up and created that adorable creature deserves a metal. They probably speak a beautiful love language.
You know what I’m quite devastated about? Chris Pratt and Anna Faris being broken up. Cassy and I chatted all about how much we love them as a couple on my most recent podcast and everyone made sure to let me know that they are donezo. Why can’t any adorable famous couple make it?! Funny people should always be able to make it work. But no. Their PraFaris life is done. RIP Chranna.
You wanna see my dog Jackson in his element, being all adorable and ish?! Watch him here. I recently filmed this video with the awesome people at Well + Good and it was the best two days of his life. At one point, I did have to pour water on him and stick him under the air conditioning vent in my car to keep him from passing out, but other than that part, best two days of his life. I could watch this video 4 billion times just to watch him roll around with a GoPro strapped to his back. That guy.
Ok, I need to excuse myself. I just saw a commercial for the movie IT and I’m scarred. Why do scary movies have to be a thing!? I’m going to have nightmares for weeks now.
- 1 large sweet potato, cut in 1/2 inch rounds (you will want 8 rounds)
- melted ghee
- salt, to taste
For the chimichurri mayo
- 1 packed cup fresh cilantro
- 1 packed cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 white onion, minced
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup mayo
For the sliders
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the toppings
- butter lettuce
- red onion, sliced
- sweet peppers, sliced
- jalapenos, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place sweet potato rounds on top and brush ghee on both sides. Sprinkle with salt. Place in oven to bake for 18-20 minutes, flipping half way through to cook evenly on both sides.
- While the sweet potatoes bake, make the chimichurri: place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Place in a bowl and whisk together chimichurri and 1/3 cup mayo until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredient for the sliders and make into 8 balls. Flatten out slightly and press thumb into the middle of each slider. This will keep the slider from rising while cooking.
- Heat up and grease grill or grill pan to medium heat. Cook sliders for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Place a bit of mayo on top of each sweet potato round, then butter lettuce, a slider, the chimichurri mayo, sweet peppers and jalapeno! That’s it! Eat up, you cutie pie!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Beef / Party