Chocolate “Peanut Butter” Ice Cream with Chocolate Shell
For the ice cream
For the chocolate shell
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sunbutter (or other nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add all ice cream ingredients to it, except for the sunflower seed butter. Stir until cocoa powder is completely broken down and ingredients are smooth.
- Place saucepan in the freezer until cool. Mine took about an hour.
- Pour ice cream ingredients in your ice cream maker and turn on.
- When ice cream is almost done mixing, pour in the sunflower seed butter directly into the ice cream maker to churn with your chocolate ice cream.
- While ice cream is churning, place the chocolate shell ingredients in a bowl and in the microwave for about 30 seconds until everything is mixed. Whisk together until smooth.
- When ice cream is done churning, place in bowl and bowl chocolate shell on top! Maybe even a little extra sunflower seed butter! Boom.
- Eat up peanut butter cup!