Easy Shrimp Skewers with Chard Cilantro Pesto
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- chili powder, to taste
For the pesto
- 4 cups chard leaves, stems removed, roughly chopped (7–8 chard leaves)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 2 tomatillos, roughly chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 – 1 cup olive oil (depending if you like it thick or thin)
- pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- Make the pesto first: place the chard, cilantro, tomatillos, jalapeño and garlic in the food processor and pulse to combine. Then place pine nuts in the food processor and blend. Once combine, pour the olive oil in a steady stream into the food processor while it’s running. Once you find your preferred texture (thick or thin), add salt and pepper to taste and pulse once more.
- Then make shrimp: place shrimp on metal skewers, sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and chili powder. Heat up grill or grill pan and grease to keep shrimp from sticking. Cook shrimp skewers on both sides for about 2 minutes, until shrimp become pink.
- Dip the shrimp in the pesto, smear it on the shrimp, pour it on the shrimp. Do whatever you please!