I don’t really know what else to say right now other than I’m in complete shock after watching the Bachelorette. Shock. Do you think that ABC is trying to pull one on us? She can’t be serious with saying she’s going to get rid of Luke. And never in the history of bachelors and bachelorettes have any of them said ahead of time who they are going to get rid of. This is blasphemy. She has to keep him around now that they got us thinking she’s going to get rid of him. There’s just no way he’s leaving. No way.
I think the real problem here is that I’M actually falling in love with Luke.
But really, what else happened the other night other than Luke’s date? All the other dates were boring as hell. They didn’t show much of the relatives, the conversations were the same, the houses were the same, it was all the same. Then Luke’s little shindig came along and he had surprises for her and really white teeth. White teeth are just so great. Teeth just get more yellow over time so you might as well fall in love with someone who has superbly white teeth. I say this because my husband has really white teeth. I think I fell in love with his teeth before I fell in love with him. Is that weird? That’s weird, isn’t it? It’s 100% true though.
But for real. Nothing happened. Jordan’s hair bounced a lot and he got all weird talking about his brother Aaron. That must be a REAL sore subject. What do you think Aaron is thinking about all this? He must be unhappy with the situation. And what do you think about Robby dropping the bomb that his ex-girlfriend hit him and they haven’t spoken since. Do you think that really happened? No matter if it did or didn’t happen, how bad does it suck to be her right now? That blows.
And then the preview showed us absolutely nothing. She has to keep Luke. She has to. If she doesn’t, he better be the Bachelor so I can watch him for another reason. I’m starting to get creepy. I just don’t want to watch Jordan anymore. And Robby uses way too much hair gel. Oh yeah…and Chad…I mean Chase. How is he still in the running? I should support him since he lives just a hop skip and a jump away from me, but he bores me to tears. ABC better give me Luke as the winner of the Bachelorette or I’m boycotting ABC…until Bachelor in Paradise begins. Stop judging me.
Have you been checking the blog every Wednesday? Because if you have, you’ve probably noticed me talking about my lovely friends Lexi from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen and Cassy from Fed & Fit. We all teamed up to bring you CSA Box/Farmer’s Market inspired recipes every Wednesday through July and August! Here are the recipes we’ve all shared so far:
- Me: Shrimp & Zucchini Pad Thai and Huevos Rancheros Tostadas with Creamy Tomatillo Salsa
- Lexi: Grilled Fish Bowls with Garlic Scapes and Kale and Herb Cucumber Salad
- Cassy: Chicken Salad with a Snap Pea Radish Slaw and Teriyaki Chicken Thighs with Bok Choy
This week Lexi is sharing an awesome recipe for Thai Curry Soup and Cassy is sharing her recipe for Thai Chard Shrimp Wraps with Peanut Sauce! Use up some of your veggies like summer squash, bok choy, snap peas, basil, cilantro, tomatillos and chard with our easy peasy recipes!!
For the pesto
- 4 cups chard leaves, stems removed, roughly chopped (7-8 chard leaves)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 2 tomatillos, roughly chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 - 1 cup olive oil (depending if you like it thick or thin)
- pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- Make the pesto first: place the chard, cilantro, tomatillos, jalapeño and garlic in the food processor and pulse to combine. Then place pine nuts in the food processor and blend. Once combine, pour the olive oil in a steady stream into the food processor while it's running. Once you find your preferred texture (thick or thin), add salt and pepper to taste and pulse once more.
- Then make shrimp: place shrimp on metal skewers, sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and chili powder. Heat up grill or grill pan and grease to keep shrimp from sticking. Cook shrimp skewers on both sides for about 2 minutes, until shrimp become pink.
- Dip the shrimp in the pesto, smear it on the shrimp, pour it on the shrimp. Do whatever you please!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!