SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Huevos Rancheros Tostadas with Creamy Tomatillo Salsa
Let me first start this Bachelorette talk off by saying…my heart is broken for James Taylor. That guy was insecure AF, rightfully so since he was swimming hair deep in a group of men who have been styling their locks since age 6, but I came around to really adore the guy. He was the only one that was truly funny and goofy and easy to like. And sadly, hair goes away. But humor never fades. Truth bomb for ya.
I was so bummed for the guy. And JoJo obviously was too because she FINALLY cried tears. Have you noticed on all the other occasions where she was crying, no tears were shed? That’s weird, right? That’s not actually crying. That’s just making an unpleasant face. She would always act like she was wiping a tear or fixing her makeup, but no tears were being shed, meaning no wiping needed to occur. But she was for sure sad for JT. You will be missed, you little lovely singer, you. PS have you seen his IG lately? Looks like this boy has been getting in the gym. You go, Glen Coco!
I’m glad Alex finally got the boot. I’m not sure why she made out with him so much if she was still unsure about him, but who am I to judge. I would probably make out with him too if ABC took me around the world with a bunch of hot dudes. He did tell JoJo that he was her goocho, which was probably his demise on the date. Just google gooch and the Urban Dictionary will help you out with understanding why that’s just not something you want to say to anyone, really ever. Unless you’re my pyro 13 year old next door neighbor. I may start calling him that soon. Thanks for the inspiration, Alex!
PS remember when the cowboy was straddling the horse. That made me feel weird. Then they made out with each other while cuddling the horse. Pretty much everything about the date was the worst.
I’m kind of starting to like all the dudes less and less. Robby was wearing hotel slippers while he took the bus to wherever the hell they were. Are you suppose to take those? From what I understand, no. Because they are pretty much bathmats on your feet, not actual shoes. Then Jordan said he was a super picky eater. Men being picky eaters is so weird to me. And unattractive. What does picky mean? Like you don’t eat fast food, that kind of picky? Because that’s cool. But if you’re the type that won’t eat something your date made you for you, because you’re not a “avocado texture” kind of person, then you’re just a d*ck. Plain and simple
The only person I really kind of like and want to win is Luke. He’s so bruiting and manly and bow legged. I’m bow legged on one leg so I support my fellow horse riding’ looking humans. And he seems nice. I think I like him because I like guys that don’t smile much. They’re so mysterious and hard to read. I thought my husband was a complete douche for a good year because he never smiled when he was at the gym. Turns out, he’s pretty much the greatest human to roam this earth.
Holy moly, I can’t wait until meeting the parents next week. Yaaaaaaassss. And I REALLY REALLY can’t wait for Bachelor in Paradise. Trash tv is just the best.
You know what else is the best? This weeks CSA box inspired recipe I made for you inspired from the cauliflower and tomatillos you may have coming to your doorstep or at your local farmer’s market! If you’re wondering why I’m talking about this, check out this post, it explains it! And if you want even more inspiration, head over the Lexi’s Clean Kitchen for her Herb Cucumber Salad and then check out Cassy’s blog Fed and Fit for her Teriyaki Chicken Thighs with Bok Choy. Then be sure to check out all of our blogs every Wednesday through July and August for more CSA box/farmer’s market inspired recipes!Print
Huevos Rancheros Tostadas with Creamy Tomatillo Salsa
- Yield: 6 tostadas 1x
For the tomatillo salsa
- 6 tomatillos, husked
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 large jalapeño
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 avocado
- hefty pinch of salt
For the cauliflower puree
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
For the tostadas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tomatillos, onion and jalapeno in a greased pan over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes then add garlic and cook for another 5 minutes, turning every couple minutes to cook on all sides evenly. Remove from heat to cool slightly. Place in high speed blender along with lime juice, cilantro avocado and salt and puree until smooth and combine. Taste to see if any extra salt or lime juice needs to be added for preference. Set aside.
- Steam the cauliflower until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer the steamed cauliflower to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. It should resemble mashed potatoes. Add the garlic powder and salt and puree once more. Set aside.
- Cook breakfast sausage, breaking apart the meat into bite size pieces. Cook until no pink remains then set aside, leaving behind the excess fat for cooking the eggs in.
- Cook eggs over low heat. Cooking them low and slow will make sure that the white cooks through while keeping the yolks runny.
- Now to make the tostadas: spray each Siete tortilla with coconut oil spray on both sides and sprinkle with salt. Place on a baking sheet to bake for 7-8 minutes, flipping half way through to help cook evenly. Once the tortillas are warm and crispy, spread some cauliflower puree on top of each along with a scoop full of breakfast sausage, an egg, tomatillo salsa, red jalapeños, cilantro, pepper, and a couple slices of avocado.
- Serve immediately and enjoy every bite!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!