Instant Pot Chicken Tinga Tacos
For the sauce
For the instant pot
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, sliced (I slice them thinner for quicker cooking)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
For the tacos
- Place all ingredients for the sauce in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place chicken in the basin of the instant pot, sprinkle salt and pepper on top then pour sauce on top, add bay leaf, then mix to combine everything together. Secure lid, close off pressure valve then press manual to high pressure and press the up button until the time hits 10 minutes. Once time is up, let pressure release slowly for 5 minutes then use the quick release to release the extra pressure.
- Open lid then remove bay leaf and use 2 forks or tongs to shred the chicken in the sauce within basin.
- To build your tacos: Place taco shell over gas stove top and cook for 15-20 seconds per side, until the edges begin to brown. Top the taco with chicken tinga, white onion, cilantro and squeeze fresh lime juice on top!