Instant Pot Chicken Tinga Tacos
Happy Hump Day! You’re almost through the week! Kind of. Not really…but sort of!
Over here I’m living in a minor state of constant panic attack. I leave town tomorrow for Dallas then I’m back for a few days then off to Costa Rica then back for 12 hours and then back to Dallas again. It’s all quite confusing, exciting, nerve-racking and overwhelming. But I’m pumped for it all! I just don’t want to miss a beat with blogging or recording podcasts or getting new outfits together for you guys so I’m trying to fit everything in with every minute of every day. And as much as I don’t like being stressed out, I kind of absolutely love it. I love the pressure, I love being extra busy, and I love proving to myself that I can crush a to-do list.
Jesus. How old am I? Crush a to-do list? I hate myself.
Well, I’m old enough that I spent my Sunday painting our front door and bleaching our shower. Even though our last Sunday was spent completely on the couch while everyone pounded mimosas, this past Sunday made me feel too domestic. I need Sundays to at least involve a brunch or a gluten free donut THEN a domestic home activity. Not scrubbing the bathroom floor and huffing toxic fumes. The guy who flipped our house when we were purchasing it decided that a wooden seat would be a great idea in the shower. And it was a great idea…for 3 whole days. Almost 2 years later, it had warped so much and water was leaking underneath it, so I finally pulled it up and found all sorts of lovely mold and mildew. What better place to clean yourself than in a molding shower? Lovely, just lovely. So we finally painted our door that had only been primed by the flipper (insert annoyed face here) and I angrily scrubbed our bathroom seat. Sunday, bloody Sunday. Adulting, bloody adulting.
Instant Pot Chicken Tinga Tacos
- Yield: 8 tacos 1x
For the sauce
- 14 ounce can of whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green chile salsa
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 white onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of salt
For the instant pot
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, sliced (I slice them thinner for quicker cooking)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
For the tacos
- Place all ingredients for the sauce in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place chicken in the basin of the instant pot, sprinkle salt and pepper on top then pour sauce on top, add bay leaf, then mix to combine everything together. Secure lid, close off pressure valve then press manual to high pressure and press the up button until the time hits 10 minutes. Once time is up, let pressure release slowly for 5 minutes then use the quick release to release the extra pressure.
- Open lid then remove bay leaf and use 2 forks or tongs to shred the chicken in the sauce within basin.
- To build your tacos: Place taco shell over gas stove top and cook for 15-20 seconds per side, until the edges begin to brown. Top the taco with chicken tinga, white onion, cilantro and squeeze fresh lime juice on top!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!