I feel like I haven’t really, like REALLY talked to you guys in a while. I’m trying to bring you so much new and fun stuff, that sometimes I forget what’s really important here: building our friendship. Is it weird that we’ve never met in person and we still have some sort of connection? Of course it’s weird, but it’s just us. Other people just don’t understand.
Well…honestly not a lot has been going on over here. Back to normal life since I’m not traveling. Which means lots of working. Especially since football season is here. I’ve complained about it before, but my husband works Mon-Sat and now spends his Sundays watching football. Don’t get me wrong, I still find it completely f*cking annoying, but I’ve learned to deal with it a little better with each week. Mostly by just filling my time with more work. So then I’m working Mon-Sun. Luckily, I really love my job. But I love having a husband as well, so it’s a fine line. If we ever end up going to therapy, it will be because of football. Not because he likes to watch it, but because of my extreme hatred for it. We will have to seek therapy because I hate football THAT much. Until then, I’ll be making cake balls and brunching with friends on Sundays.
A couple days ago on a Sunday, when football was going on in the background and I already got all my work done, I decided to sit with him while listening to podcasts. Ever since starting my own, I can’t stop listening to others. It’s super inspiring and I love hearing the banter between people. And of course, I got hooked on murder mystery podcasts. But when you get hooked on that kind of sh*t, it’s a never ending hole into gloom and despair. And then you think everyone is a murderer. And now at night, I obsessively checked all the doors and windows to make sure they are locked. And here every single sound when I’m trying to fall asleep.
So I took a break that night and turned to Anna Faris and her interview with Olivia Munn, who is a total babe and dating Aaron Rodgers (the only football player I know by name since his brother was on the Bachelor and talked sh*t about him. yaaaaaassss to all the drama) and they went on to talk about childbirth. And how no downstairs is the same afterwards. Which led me to think about a podcast episode entitled “why having children scares the ish out of me” and all the subtopics I would cover in this episode. Which led me to sleep a total of 3 hours. Because I was having nightmares of someone outside my door and birthing a human.
This is what has been going on in PaleOMG world. Not a lot, but yet, soooooo much.
PS – I wonder how many people stopped following me based on this one post. Shame, they are really missing out on a super delicious and easy recipe.
For the pork
- 2 cups fresh diced pineapple
- 1/2 white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 pound pork loin, cubed
For the tacos
- Place all pork ingredients (except for the pork) in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Place cubed pork loin in a crockpot and cover pork with pureed mixture. Cover crockpot and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Once pork has cooked through, use two forks to shred the meat and mix to coat with the cooked down sauce.
- To heat tortillas: place tortilla over a gas stovetop until slightly browned on both sides (about 10-15 seconds per side).
- To build tacos: use a slotted spoon to scoop out the meat and place in taco shell. Top with pineapple, onion, cilantro, a small amount of creamy ranch, and squeeze fresh lime juice on top!
- Serve up, buttercup!
More Taco Tuesdays!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!